Getting to Know Captain Jack

Okay so it's another filler chapter but we all love those. I promise you guys that Boom Town will be out this weekend. I've just recently (last week) bought a car and well I got my temps or permit whatever you call it... But I am working on fixing my car the power steering pump needs to be replaced and now the radiator will need to soon, anyway back to the story.

Since finding out that Sloan could quite possibly be a Time lord, the Doctor had thrown himself into finding ways to reverse what Rassilon had done to his best friend. Also it explained why the two had gotten really close. Since the Doctor was busy researching Sloan decided to go find the newest traveler. The woman had mentally asked the TARDIS for help in locating the man, the amazing machine in turn leading her to the kitchen they seldom used.

"So con man, Rose seems to know you more than I do. Well only due to the fact that she met you first, but I figured it would be best to get to know you more. I like to know who I travel with." After all the last time someone new was on board it apparently didn't end well and when Rose started traveling with them Sloan wasn't all that happy, it wasn't her fault, she just has issues trusting. Besides the woman wasn't too sure how trustworthy the man in front of her was, even if he helped save a whole lot of lives he was the cause of it to begin with.

"Oh hey Sloan. What's up?"

"Nothing, I wanted to get to know you. Last time we had a guy aboard the TARDIS it didn't end well and I wasn't even on that trip. I need to know if I can trust you. I need to be able to trust you." The woman said looking at the man who had stopped his snacking.

He looked at her for what seemed like hours before she finally said something. "I was born in the fifty first century on the Boeshane Peninsula, I was the first one there to become a Time Agent they called me the Face of Boe." The Face of Boe it really was him, and Sloan didn't linger on how his much bigger his head would become or wonder where the rest of his body was. "Like I told Rose I didn't become a con man to be bad, I did it because the Time Agency took two years of my memory."

The young woman debated on whether or not she should share some of her life after all in order to get personal information you have to share parts of yourself. "I can relate. I'm like the Doctor... A Time Lord. Except that not only were my memories taken from me I was forced to become a human." Jack looked at her not expecting the words that came from her mouth.

"I decided that while I was waiting for a Time Agent to appear that I would do some good and join in and help fight in World War II, although it was a cover. I want to do good. I want to be the man that Rose trusts me to be and I need you to trust me as well."

Sloan sighed "I have trust issues, I always have, and up until recently those trust issues prevented me from speaking to my sister and her boyfriend. There was only one person in this entire universe that I trust and that's because we have been friends for well over eight hundred years. No one else can compare to that, so you can see why my trust it iffy at best. Hell my sister still doesn't even know that I can speak. I wouldn't even know what to say to her."

"Start by saying hello."

She scoffed "Would she feel betrayed? She thinks I am off at Uni if I suddenly start speaking now after all these years... How would you feel?"

"I think she would feel a little hurt, but she would be more happy knowing you can actually talk."

"Thanks Con Man. You've got my trust, don't lose it. I don't just give it out." Sloan told him with real warning in her voice. He was right though she did have to talk to her sister. The Face of Boe was right she did meet him during the Blitz and she knew that he wouldn't betray her at all. Now though as the woman wandered back to her room, she needed to talk to her sister. Her sister who hadn't the faintest idea that she could speak, but questions rang in her mind. Would she tell Amy that she was a Time Lord? Would Amy be mad at her? She was a Scottish woman and she had her temper on her.

With the debating in her mind she paced back and fourth. Should she call her sister. After all she was due for a video chat. Maybe she should start it out that way start out at a video call so that Amy knows that it's really her. So that Amy would know that it wasn't a prank. It was a matter of whether or not Amy would be really upset with her. If she was angry at her Sloan wasn't sure if she would be able to take it. However she was already lying to her sister would she be able to do it even more? She'd ditched school, let them know that she wasn't going to be attending actually she had told the school when she'd been accepted, Amy just didn't know that. Finally she had picked up her phone.

"Hey Sloan! Rory is here as well." Amy said as soon as she picked up.

"Hey Amy, Hi Rory." Sloan greeted making Amy drop the phone in shock.

"Your talking?" Rory asked as he was the one to pick up the phone.

"Yeah, also my headaches are gone."

"How?" Both Amy and Rory asked.

"That remains a mystery between the universe and my best friend. Look I've got to go, Rose needs my help." It wasn't a lie Rose did need help with finding her way around the TARDIS, she wanted to go to the Library but the TARDIS had switched up the way to get there. Only Sloan and the Doctor seemed to know how to navigate the changing of the halls. Amy and Rory said goodbye and ended the call. Sighing Sloan went backwards so she was lying on her back on the giant bed and stared at the ceiling. The woman felt guilty for keeping things from her sister and from Rory and she couldn't tell if it was going to bite her in the rear later on.