december 2

"hello, joshua. how's your day going?"mrs. patrick says when josh stops at her house.

"good so far, i guess. mom sent me for some flower arrangements she told you about,"josh dryly says as his fingers play around with the hem of his shirt.

"right!" the woman reaches for a cardboard box with around 10 medium sized arrangements of red tinted flowers. "she already paid for them, don't worry."

he takes the box, being surprised about how light it is. "thank you."

he turns around to return home before her voice stops him.

"what about a yellow tulip?"

time stops.

he coughs and shakes his head without turning around to look at her. "no thank you."

silence.

"joshua. sweetheart, are you okay?"

"yeah... i just... i don't need those anymore."

she nods silently. she can feel the pain in his voice, in his way of standing and gripping the box tightly to ground himself.

the cold air touches his face softly. his fingertips turning a shade of deep red as his grip gets stronger. "thanks for remembering though."

a weak, seemingly faint smile on mrs. patrick face forms,"i'll always do. i'll have it here if you ever need it."

he nods, the breeze freezing his upcoming tears and turning them into beautiful, shiny water droplets that are so close they could be called ice.

as he walks back home, his mind becomes foggy with memories.

he still cannot believe that tyler replied to his text.

it's

something

.

he wants to find out where he is.

he wants to see him again.

as he remembers the yellow tulip, it comes back to him.

"a beautiful bouquet for a beautiful boy..."

{🌹💌🌹}

well, that's a chapter.....

soz for taking so damn long to update

hope y'all still like this fic!!

thanks for like 3k+ reads btw

-alaska x