Chapter 33

I just found out that there's a town named after my family.

So like, a long time ago my ancestors were pioneers right, and they found this valley and made a village in it. Well, time skip a few generations and now there's a town named after my family literally called *last name*ville, and out of like 3000 families 44 of them are *my last name*'s. There's a monument and everything, and a few years ago there was a huge reunion with over 3000 *my last name*'s there.

So yeah that's cool XD

Warnings: Blood, almost a death

~Rob's P.O.V.~

     "Spider, on your right!"

Instantly reacting to the warning, I roughly tug on my horses reins, spinning to the side and stabbing my sword out like a striking snake. The spider, having jumped and is unable to stop its momentum, impales itself through my gleaming diamond blade. Instantly it withers away with a dying hiss, dark thick blood dripping off of my sword.

I wave at Jerome. "Thanks!"

Jerome nods, ducking under an arrow fired at his head, and then riding up to the skeleton and splitting it's skull with Betty.

     As we found out, The Nether portal we exited not long ago, leads into a Mesa biome just before the Plains biome hosting the Royal Kingdom. And the only reason it hadn't ever been discovered, is because it lies deep within the bottom of a massive cave system. Lachlan lead us safely through back up to the surface, and we didn't have to worry about mobs since every inch of the cave is light by a flickering torch, and the entrance is concealed with a one-way redstone door mechanism. But unfortunately, upon exiting, we found ourselves stepping out into the middle of the night, surrounded by mobs from all sides. So now here we are, Jerome, Mitch, Vikk, and myself protecting Lachlan and Preston from mobs as they tunnel away at the ground, hastily building walls to a crude shelter.

     "Remind me again why we aren't just digging back into the cave?!" Mitch shouts, narrowly avoiding a swinging zombie.
     "Because it's rigged with TNT! You can get out, but not in!" Lachlan responds, clumsily throwing downs blocks of sand, clay, and stone before moving to gather more.

     Of course there's stress, given the dozens of mobs attacking us, and us being severely outnumbered, but secretly we all know we have the upper hand. It's going to take more than a few mobs to get the better of us. I smile as I plunge my sword through a creepers stomach, quickly withdrawing it and spinning around, deacaptitaing a zombie. But it's never that easy, is it? No matter what we do, something always seem to go wrong. Because suddenly, a loud boom is splitting through the sky, interrupting all activity. Seriously, even the mobs stop. And then, following a second earsplitting crash, a single drop of rain plops onto my cheek as I glance at the sky. And then another. And another. The sky is filled with large billowing grey clouds, and rain starts to fall in small amounts, yet gradually increasing by the second. In normal situations, I really wouldn't care about the rain, thunder, and now lightning. But there's two things about this that make my stomach knot up.

1. Charged creepers

2. Preston + rain = dead

     I whirl around in alarm at the sound of a sizzle, and then a cry of pain. A drop of water had landed on Preston's hand, and now steam rises off the skin, the lava in that area dulling. It's luckily small enough not to do too much damage, but with the rate at which the rain is increasing...

     "PRESTON GET TO COVER!" I holler, snapping him out of his dazed state.

     I catch a glimpse of Preston streaking away towards a nearby tree, when suddenly a mass of black is tackling me from the side, sending me crashing to the ground from my horse. I look up in horror at the sight of eight gleaming red eyes, a hairy black face, and a set of razors sharp fangs dripping with saliva and venom. My horse neighs in terror, bolting away to join Preston and Lachlan's horses in the half complete shelter. The spider hisses loudly, and I quickly drop my sword and flash my arm up, just in time to protect my neck and face from a deadly bite. The diamond armour does nothing to protect my forearm however, seeing as the diamond plating stops at my shoulders. I cry out in pain as the fangs sink into my flesh, tears pricking at my eyes as blood seeps out.