And so the Truth Comes Out

>um... cute video anyone? And I made it myself^^<
Ayano glared as she watched Menma pull something from her skirt's pocket. A knife. Ayano knew what was coming, she knew that karma would come for her. However...

"And you intend to take me out with hunk of metal? Tsk, don't make me laugh," Ayano acted as if she had no fear, but behind her charade, she was full of fear.

"Of course, it's more fitting for you to die slowly, being able to die with no struggle is a privilege you don't deserve," Menma says coldly, her irises blank. Ayano dropped her bag onto the pavement. Whatever was coming, she knew it wouldn't be pleasant.

•••

Budo sprinted through the dimly lit streets. He franticly turned his head looking for the black haired girl. His heartbeat quickening, his palms getting clammy.

•••

Ayano struggled as she was being pinned down by Menma. The more she struggles, the tighter Menma's grip got. Menma raised her knife, an emotionless expression on her face. Menma brought her knife down and plunged it in the palm of her hand. Ayano screamed from the top of her lungs. A warm liquid dripped from her hand. Menma just stayed silent as she stared at Ayano's pained face. Menma slowly pulled out the knife. A creepy smile creeped onter her face as Ayano winced in excruciating pain. Menma then stabbed Ayano in the stomach. Ayano once again screamed bloody murder. Ayano kicked and attempted to break free as her warm tears dripped down her face. Menma twisted the knife in her stomach as if the stabs wasn't enough. Ayano felt her consciousness fade. She was loosing her grip on her life, each finger slowly broke away from the rope of life. she hung by her exhausted blistered hand. She however did not give up. Menma repeatedly stabbed her over and over again, purposely missing her vital organs just to keep her alive long enough to feel each and every bit of pain she caused. Ayano stopped screaming, instead, she was numb. She felt nothing. Menma had stabbed her so many times, the feeling just went away. Ayano stared back at the curly haired girl in front of her. She figured that she was soon going to take in her last breath. Ayano closed her eyes, she didn't want Menma's cold expression to be the last thing in her memory. She thought of Budo's warm and inviting smile. A warm atmosphere that gave Ayano feeling. That smile that lit her up. It belonged to him, Budo, and so does her heart.  

Menma pulled out the knife and licked Ayano's blood off of the knife. 

"Done already? That's alright, I'm bored anyway..." Menma raised the knife above her head. 

"Goodbye, Ayano Aishi- UGH!" Menma was violently shoved aside off of Ayano. Ayano weakly shifted her gaze to her savior. 

"B...Budo..." Ayano weakly mumbled his name. She smiled as tears fell down her face. Budo wasn't smiling, he was angry, more than he ever was before. A menacing expression with bloodlust spread across his face. He wasn't the kind Budo who everyone knew and loved, this was another Budo, one who could kill without a second thought, one who would do anything for his beloved. One who would protect his beloved, one who is love sick. Budo immediately lifted Ayano up ever so slightly. 

"Ayano! please stay with me!!" Budo exclaimed. Ayano weakly stared back at him, her face blank, her eyes, dead. 

"Bu...do... Get out of here..." Ayano weakly told Budo.

"No! I'm going to leave you! I'm here for you! Hold one a little longer!!!" Budo exclaimed. 

"Budo Masuda, you're in my way, move," Menma said as she got up. Budo didn't look at Menma. 

"Why... why did you do this?!!" Budo yelled as he watched Ayano weakly catch her breath. Menma laughed. 

"Out of everyone, you should know! She killed Kokona Haruka, she's lying to you about being innocent, Ayano is just a lying dog who deserves to die," Menma says as she played with her knife. Budo shot a cold gaze at Menma. He gently set Ayano down and stood up. His headband covered in a bit of blood. 

"Take that back..." Budo mumbled quietly. 

"No, it's true, and she deserves to die," Menma scoffed. 

"TAKE IT BACK!" Budo exclaimed as he charged towards Menma. He gave her an uppercut and she went flying. Landing on her back, she laughed. 

"It's funny how you're in denial, it truly is amazing how blind love can make you," Menma got up. Budo glared at her. 

"Shut up, it's none of your business!" Budo delivered the final blow by punching her in the stomach and back of the neck. Menma fell down unconscious. 

"Ayano isn't like that," Budo says as he glared at menma. He then ran back to Ayano. Holding her, he called the police. Moments later, the police arrived. They apprehended Menma and took Ayano to the hospital.

  •••  

Ayano laid in the hospital 's bed. Budo sat next to her, he didn't dare leave her side. He silently stared at her.

"You're not that kind of person..." Budo mumbled. Moments later, Ayano opened her eyes.  She tried to sat up but the immense pain caused her to fall back. Budo gently fixed her pillow and adjusted her blanket. 

"Thank.. you..." Ayano managed to say quietly. Budo just smiled and nodded. Ayano looked troubled. 

"What's wrong?" Budo asked. Ayano looked up at him. She was silent. Her face had a look of regret and sorrow. 

"I... I" Ayano paused. Budo's full attention was on Ayano. She closed her eyes as she prepared herself. 

"Th-those rumors..." Ayano started. 

"T-they're true... I killed Kokona Haruka!" Ayano exlaimed. Budo's eyes were wide, his mouth open. He was shocked. Sweet Ayano... she killed Kokona... Budo hearing this from Ayano herself could not deny the truth. For a moment, the entire world froze. He didn't know what to say, he didn't know how to respond. But suddenly, his body started moving on it's own. His arms wrapped around Ayano. She felt delicate in his arms, as if one squeeze would break her, yet, he couldn't help but embrace her like there was no tomorrow. She winced in pain, her eyes however, they were soft with tears. Not from the pain, but from Budo's kind gesture. His strong yet kind embrace told her that he wouldn't let anyone harm her ever again, and although she may have committed a hideous crime, she still was his Ayano. His Ayano, the Ayano he could tell his deepest concerns and secrets, the one he could laugh with, cry with. The Ayano that he loves. Budo gently pulled away. 

"Ayano... I don't care... I don't care about what you did before! What I care about is that you're here right now with me, Alive!" Budo said intensely. Ayano cried.

"W-why do you care so much about me...?" Ayano said as she tried to wipe her tears with her bandaged hands. 

"B-because... I...I love you Ayano!" Budo said. Ayano's eyes were wide, her tears flowing down her cheeks. 

"Budo..." Ayano said as she stared into his eyes. His eyes showed nothing but sincerity. Budo slowly leaned in. Ayano closed her eyes and Budo did to. Their lips touched together in a warm and soft kiss. Ayano's lips were soft and adorable, Budo didn't seem to want to ever let go of her. That moment seemed to last forever until the two broke away. Budo gently laid Ayano back onto the bed and smiled softly at her as she too smiled back at him with misty eyes. The two couldn't seem to be able to break eye contact. It wasn't bad, it was a memorable moment for the two of them, one that will forever be close to their hearts.