Chapter 27: The Preparation

Chapter 27

The Preparation

~Army's Cabin, The Meeting Room~

||Percy Jackson||

I sighed.

I may have turned immortal but godsdamm, don't I feel old. Sighing seems to happen almost every minute. If I knew this is what my life as a prince and a commander I probably would've stayed in my persona of Dark Echo, at least that was more chill than this.

After this blessed war and the making of this gods forsaken prison, I'm going to pack my bags and take a vacation for at least a year or two.

I opened my palms, pulling up the image that the person in front of me suggested. Causing me to sigh. Again.

"Dad," I said, "Void Fire and Void Water are not suitable elements to mix together. They're both too powerful. They'll cancel each other out."

Chaos ran a hand through his hair. "What do you suggest then?"

"Your idea could work if we have a median in between two...."

His eyes lit up, finally getting what I was trying to make him realize, "we don't need to mix them together. We can just conjoin them! That's brilliant!" He exclaimed, "my star, you are brilliant!"

I grinned at him, pleased that he got what I was thinking but of course, the problem just doesn't stop there, "But," I countered, "we need an element to act something in between. We can't just create an element in such short amount of time with so much in our hands."

"There's a reason why we aren't doing this alone, Percy."

"And they have the same thing in their hands-- two powerful contrasting elements."

"Correct, but that doesn't mean we don't have other elements in our arsenal," Chaos retaliated with a tone that clearly conveys his know-it-all attitude.

"You're suggesting a four layered prison? Am I correct?"

Chaos nodded.

"But," I countered, "is that--"

The door opened without warning, causing my hand to close and the tiny miniature of the prison that upgrades as we talk disappeared, along with all our other set ups for this meeting. I frowned in annoyance as I look over the door to see a frazzled Fyna standing by the door, looking back and forth between me and Chaos.

I gave her a blank look that I'm sure conveyed all that I felt about being interrupted, "Fyna, what did I tell you about interrupting this certain meeting?"

Her lips tightened into a straight line, "I know, Your Highness, but something happened."

I raised an eyebrow, "What is it?"

"The Camp is surrounded by enemies."

~

~A day ago~

|| Annabeth Chase||

I coughed, bringing their attentions back to me. I piled all the papers in front of me, looking at the immortal campers with a questioning eyebrow, who nodded at me in return. The look in my eyes told them my question but I still had to voice it out, "Is everyone satisfied with their positions?"

There was the silence that fell upon us, the only sound that can be heard was the muffled voice of the campers outside the Big House and the continuous bouncing of the bouncy ball that is being passed back and forth by the Stolls twins.