Chapter Sixteen

Persephone shook her head quickly, a frown taking over her face. This man had to be hysterical. He was going on about taking over the world and she could not even recognize him. He was not the friendly, yet brave Auror that her sister worked with. He was a lunatic that craved world domination and power.

"What are you talking about, Percival?" the younger girl said fearfully. She got up and walked to the far end of the flat, far away from the older man.

He let out a sinister laugh, pocketing her wand to ensure that she would have a difficult time trying to obtain it.

"I'm going to take over the world and I want you to be apart of it."

This was seriously insane and Persephone did not know what to make of it.

"You are truly insane! I don't want to be here, you're going crazy!" she yelled at him, furious.

He smiled and pulled out his wand once again.

"I think you just need to sleep," he mumbled and shot another charm at me.

Persephone prayed that her sisters were looking for her and that she was going to get her wand back soon.

The next time she woke up, Percival had food laid out and was nowhere in sight. So, instead of eating, she looked around for her wand and a way to escape. Persephone went straight for the door, but of course, it was locked. Stupid Aurors and their magical spells. She went back out to the living room and it was nice and tidy. The food seemed somewhat fresh, but Persephone was too anxious to eat.

"I do hope you eat because we're going to the orphanage afterward."

Persephone's head jerked toward the voice and stared nervously. She shook her head, she was not eating anything.

"Fine, then. We're going," he said and walked forward, grabbing her arm and apparating.

The two of them appeared in the alleyway next to the sad-looking orphanage. it was always depressing, but the insides were in tatters and it just made it look even more horrible.

Persephone saw the condition of the building and instantly ran in.

"Credence," she breathed out, walking toward him cautiously.

He was scared. Shaking even.

"W-Where... where is Mr. Graves?" he asked, seemingly rubbing the necklace that was given to him by the man who had kept Persephone captive.

Her face was noticeably disappointed, but she stepped aside to show Percival to Credence.

"The Obscurial -- was here? Where did she go?" he asked, bending down.

Credence just sat, muttering 'help me' and it broke Persephone's heart into pieces.

"What do you mean, Obscurial?" Persephone said, realizing what Graves was talking about.

He chose to ignore her and turned his attention back on Credence.

"Didn't you tell me you had another sister?" Percival spoke once again and Credence just continued to sob.

Persephone shook her head, getting antsy. She wanted to comfort him like she usually would. Percival Graves began to get visibly annoyed but kept his cool.

"Where's your other sister, Credence? The little one? Where did she go?" Credence did not respond and Percival slapped him.

The two were shocked and Persephone could not take it at all. She grabbed Credence and pulled him away, hugging the boy close.

"Don't you dare touch him!" she shouted at the man.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed the two of them.

"We need to find her sister."

-

They were taken outside of an old apartment building, Credence leading the way. Though he did not know Persephone, he trusted her with all of his being and would not let her hand go. And the young girl was thankful.

"What is this place?" Percival asks as he trails behind the younger two, his wand in his hand.

"Ma adopted Modesty out of here. From a family of twelve. She still misses her brothers and sisters. She still talks about them."

The three of them climbed up the stairways, looking around for the young girl that Percival needed so desperately.

"Where is she?" Percival muttered, looking down at the two of them as they climbed up the ratty steps.

Credence looked down to the ground, a feeling of shame washing over him.

"I don't know," he said softly.

Percival glares at the boy and walks into a room.

"You're a Squib, Credence. I would smell it off you the minute I met you," he said in disgust.

Persephone frowned. She had been staying quiet, but she felt it was time to speak up. This man had insulted Credence far too much.

"He is not," she said sternly, holding Credence close. The poor boy was still traumatized, he was barely holding together.

"What?" Credence wondered.

"Don't listen to him, Credence. He's insane." she muttered, turning to him.

"But he is, he doesn't have any powers."

Credence stared at the man.

"But you said you could teach me-"

"He can, but I would not suggest it. We should go Credence," Persephone tried.

"You're unteachable. Your mother's dead. That's your reward," he said and walked away from the two of them.

Persephone frowned and turned to Credence.

"Don't listen to him. All he is is a liar," she said quickly and pulled Credence close to her comfortingly.

He stared straight, almost shaking with a type of anger. His breathing was quick, and it worried the young girl next to him.

"You're lying."

She frowned.

"What do you mean, Credence?"

"Did you know? When we were together? Did you know that I was a... Squib?" he asked.

Wait. What?

"You remember?" Persephone quickly asked, her heart pounding. He was obliviated, there was no way he could remember.

He slowly nodded, still staring straight.

"No. I truly did have faith in you, Credence."

He looked over at her and met her eyes.

"Then, I'm sorry for what is going to happen. I can't hold back," he whispered, his voice wavering.

He wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close. Black mist and an unknown force started to appear around the two of them. Persephone frowned, but a thought was slowly taking over her brain.

Credence was the Obscurial.

-

A/N: Hey guys! I just wanted to say a quick thank you for 4.2k reads. That is truly incredible and I never saw my story getting to such a huge milestone. This story is also coming to a close, but don't worry. I still have a few tricks up my sleeves. Anyways, much love to you all! <3 The Small Teaspoon