7: irrational decisions.

His arms firmly landed around my body, pulling me into his chest, my legs over one of his knees in attempts at having my whole body close to him. It was comforting. My body shook slightly as I cried into his hoodie, my tears dampening the material. One of his hands around my waist and the other holding the back of my head, his lips next to my ear as he hushed me calmly. I hate crying in front of people, ever since that day in the hospital, I never liked showing my weak side and that was the day I stopped showing emotion to anyone. But I've broken that little rule I made myself, I'm crying into a strangers chest.

Harry is still a stranger to me, and that actually made me cry harder. I didn't want to be a stranger to him, he was so gentle and sweet, he was like me and that's what draws me in every time.

"It's okay shh," he whispered, fingers sliding into my hair and massaging my scalp as he rocked us side to side. I felt my eyelids droop but I knew I couldn't fall asleep, not in Harry's arm and especially not with the vivid memory of my parents deaths fresh in my mind. I'm not looking to be awoken by a terrifying nightmare thank you very much. "You didn't kill them okay, you didn't let them die and it certainly isn't your fault."

His voice was soft but held so much authority, reminding me I didn't do anything wrong and it was a huge accident that resulted in the loss of both my parents. I was now an orphan living on her own, money left in a bank account in case anything happened to her parents so she could live a better life. She was grateful for her parents persistent behaviour on having numerous bank accounts ready with loads of money in so she wouldn't struggle in the future.

"You didn't let your friend die and you didn't let your parents die. Don't take those guilts and make them your fault, you can't change the outcome so don't put yourself down and blame yourself."

I looked up at him and in that moment I wanted one thing, his lips on mine. I leaned forward quickly kissing his lips and pulling back. Even though the kiss lasted approximately zero point two seconds, I could still feel the tingle on my lips and how his lips were so soft and warm beneath mine, and how his breath was still very minty even after eating the pasta I made. Harry's green eyes staring at me in shock, his lips were parted and he didn't move them not even when I kissed him. When he made no indication of speaking or moving anytime soon I spoke up.

"I'm so sorry," I mumbled, a wave of embarrassment coursing through my body, my cheeks heating up.

"It's okay, you're emotional," he brushed off my actions. "People make irrational decisions when they're upset."

I stared a him sadly, he genuinely thinks I didn't want to do the kiss I just did it in the heat of the moment. I have had kisses like that, but it's not the same as the kiss I shared with Harry — even though I initiated it and he didn't do anything back, I still felt something more. It was a flicker of heat in the pit of my stomach, a flip in my tummy making me feel a little queasy and light headed — not in a bad way, it was like butterflies. I wanted to kiss him again, so I did.

I leaned in and stared into his eyes the entire time, an emotion I couldn't decipher flashed in front of his sparkling green eyes but what caught me off guard was the fact he leaned in closer to me too. My legs still over his knee and one of his hands now loosely resting on my waist and the other delicately placed on top of my knee.

Our lips touched and the spark in my stomach ignited again, this time more than before, that is because Harry's lips are willingly moving along with mine. His lips captured my top lip as mine clasped around his plump pink bottom lip. The small pop sounds of our lips releasing each other and then reattaching all over again was all I could hear, but it was rather muffled due to the intense beat of my heart in my chest.