Chapter Twenty Six

The song in the media box is Aaron and Elaine's song (You and Me by You+Me)
I had it on replay while I wrote this chapter ❤
Hope you all enjoy it as well.

Sam knocked and entered Elaine’s room. Aaron had informed earlier that she had gone back to sleep. He had also told her what had happened with the guard.

“Hey Ellie” Sam gently shook Elaine.
Elaine woke up and looked around.

Was Aaron actually here or was it a dream?

“He was here?” Elaine asked

“Yes he was. He left after you fell asleep”

Elaine nodded and got out of bed. She felt relieved that she didn’t dream the whole thing up.

“The dinner is going to be served soon so I came to call you”

“Okay, I will be there” Elaine said as she headed to the washroom to freshen up.

Aaron stepped out of the shower and wiped the mirror clean of the fog.

They had come a long way today and it like he felt so much lighter. However they still had their pasts with them and that played a huge role in their lives. He knew nothing about her past and vice versa.

Aaron shook his head. He was feeling good right now and he would deal with that when the time came. Right now he wanted to focus on rebuilding their relationship.

He walked into the room. The maids had bought in the dinner but he didn’t have the appetite. He threw on a pair of shorts along with a t shirt and walked into the balcony.

He looked out towards the villa and saw Elaine standing outside looking at the moon. As if sensing him she looked up and their eyes met across the lawn.

Like she had some pull on him, he opened the side door of the railing and stepped on to the lawn and started walking towards her.

Elaine saw him come towards her and she smiled. Ever since she woke up she had this nagging feeling, an urge to see him again.

“Hey” He said softly as he reached her.

“Beautiful isn’t it” She said as she turned towards the sea and the moon.

“Yes it is” Aaron replied but his gaze was settled on her face. Elaine reached out and held his hand, intertwining their fingers.

“Want to go down to the beach?” Aaron asked.

“Sure” Elaine said. They walked down to the beach and Elaine stepped out of her flip flops and Aaron followed her lead. The waves washed down the shore, brushing their feet and retreating. Aaron glanced at her and was mesmerized by her beauty. He reached out and caressed her cheek softly and then paused but instead of pulling back she rested her face against his palm.

Aaron pulled her near and tucked her hair behind her ear.

“I love you” Aaron whispered. He stroked her lower lip with his thumb, his heart hammering.

Elaine gulped at the contact but the panic stayed at a bay. Aaron leaned in as if to kiss her, his eyes glued to her blue green ones. He paused just for a moment and she closed her eyes, giving herself up to him. He gently kissed her, cupping her face as if it was the most precious thing in the world.

He pulled back and looked at her again and she simply smiled back in response and Aaron felt as if his heart was going to fly out his chest.

He lifted her up and spun her around, her laughter being carried over by the wind.