≪24≫

"What did you want to show me?" I asked and he glanced at Yukie who had interlinked her hand with me protectively.

"Its something as... um... sort of... apology?" he murmured and scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Apology? And you?" Yukie spoke my mind out.

"Not exactly!" He defended loudly. I couldn't stop giggling at his reaction.

"What's so funny?" He glared at me. "You," I said and Yukie laughed with me.

"Anyway, here he is," he said as we reached in front of his car. He opened the door and my jaw almost dropped.

"Pochi-Tama!" I gasped as the energetic puppy barked in excitement and jumped out of the car and jumped around my feet and then Hagiyama's. He was little bigger than when I saw him last time.

I saw Hagiyama who was staring at my face with some suspicious type of expression.

"You know Aya... Aya chan is my friend right? She told me everything about Pochi-Tama," I said quickly and crouched down to pet the dog. "I never thought I would see you again," I hugged the dog as he started licking my face. I dodged this for now, but what if he will hold grudge on me thinking I'm speaking out his secret...?

"Stop," I laughed as he wouldn't stop licking my face like crazy.

"This is a cutie," Yukie said picking him up in her arms, getting her face licked in return.

"Would you like to keep him?" Hagiyama asked pointing at Pochi-Tama who was shaking his tail furiously and licking off Yurie's face.

"Are you sure? Can I really keep him?" I said excitedly. But when I looked at Hagiyama, he looked a bit sad. "Uh, yeah," he said scratching the back of his head while his eyes were on his foot.

"Actually I really wanna keep him but my mom is allergic to dogs so I cant keep him," I mumbled.

"What? But you can keep him in another room or something," he suggested.

"You know how small my house is, right? It is so small and we might not be able to afford extra for his food and all," I added and he nodded understandingly.

"May be its the last time I meet him," I whispered looking at the little puppy who was now running around, chasing its tail.

"May be not. You can come with your friend sometime," he said and I choked on my own saliva.

Shit, I never thought he would want to meet both of me at the same time. What do I do if he will insist on it?

"Yeah, I will think about it," I said with nervous smile, my mouth twitching at the corner. I hope he will never force about it. Please just forget about this...

Oh god... What did I get myself into...

"Aya chan? You look like you just remembered some terrible crime you committed, are you okay?" Yukie asked, taking me out of my thoughts. Oh right, a terrible crime. That fits this situation perfect. 

"N-No, I was just remembering a time when I didn't know about my mom's allergy and brought a stray dog in the house and caused a lot of problem. That was such a disaster!" I said and Yukie chuckled in amusement. "I actually had the similar incident. When I was small, I brought a stray snake baby thinking it was earth worm and turns out it was snake and I got so much scolding for it," she said looking distantly at Pochi-Tama.

WHAT!? Who would bring a baby snake thinking it as earthworm!? Why would she want to take an earthworm home?

"I got so much scolding that I had to act like a lady," she continued and sighed. I kind of know that feeling. We are often reminded to act like a lady whenever we do anything that is not lady like.

Few days passed by and the day I was going to the gold digger's house came. I was feeling very nervous and couldn't stop my legs from trembling out of nervousness while on the train ride.

What if just like Hagiyama, I will get thrown out of that house too? What if I will heat up and make things worst? Every bad possibilities was making me more and more nervous on the way. My heart was feeling heavier each minute.

The train ride was finally over and I took a bus that drove nearest to where the house was. 

So after walking a bit, here I was, in front of the house where I could either solve everything or either get everything to crumble down and come to end in horrible way. After taking three deep breathes, I clicked on the door bell. It had the tune of some famous song which I didn't know the name of. I think it was one of Mozart's creation.

"Coming!" A men's voice said and the unlocking sound on the doorknob followed soon after. I gulped for whatever was coming on my way.

When the door swung open, I was quite surprised to see mid aged man in a wheelchair.

I was lost of words on what to say at first.

"How can I help you?" He said so politely, I could hardly believe he could actually throw out people from his house.

"Hello, I'm Matsuzaka Aya. Um, do you know Hagiyama?" I gingerly started. "Hagiyama?" He said confusedly and tried to remember and shook his head. "I'm sorry, you're at wrong house," he said and was about to close the door.

"Wait! I know he doesn't live here, but he might have some connection with you," I said and he stopped for a moment. "What do you mean by that?"

"Hagiyama Akito, he is..." as soon as I said his full name, his face twinkled with surprise. "Akito? The rich boy! You know him?" He said in shock and I nodded.

"Oh, come on in," he drove his wheelchair aside so I could get in. What just happened? I was almost expecting him to throw me out.

"I never thought a day like this would ever come. Marina, look who's here!" He called out into the house and a noise coming from kitchen stopped.

"Coming!" A chubby women in her mid 40 showed up in her apron. "What is such lovely girl doing over here. Who are you?" She asked with a sweet smile. I had completely opposite image of them when I heard they didn't let Hagiyama come in and I thought they were some sort of cruel monstrous people.

"Guess what, she is someone who knows Akito kun. Remember, Minami's boyfriend?" He said in nostalgic tone. "Oh my god!" The women cried in happiness and came closer to grab my hands. "I never thought this day would ever come!" She quoted her husband and abruptly engulfed me into a short tight hug. I hugged her back as reflex, still in confused state.

What exactly is going on and what is the situation am I in right now? Am I being invited to a trap for money? But they wouldn't know I'm from a rich family too, right? Or do they consider everyone who knows Hagiyama as rich?

"Please come in," she said quickly and rushed me into the living room.

As soon as I walked in, I was completely full of guilt. The girl was never a gold digger, the family was never after money and yet here I was, jumping to conclusion.

. * . * . * . * . * .

So... what do you think was the girl's real intention??? Any guesses???

Thank you all for keeping up with this very slow update story, it means so much to me! And it has already reached 2k+ reads!!!

So hope you're enjoying the story! If you do, please click the little star, and some comment would be really nice if it is not too much to ask for ^_^

Tho I don't celebrate, Happy Easter everyone!!!

Lots of love, snickers 💕

Update: If you're confused with the A/N, it's because I'm re-uploading these chapters and I have kept the A/N as it is. 

Hope you're enjoying tho!