After the Kiss - Part 3

After dealing with Reed's acquaintances throwing me obscene sexual gestures in the hallway for a couple of weeks, and one even asking to get a sample of my "sex voice," I grew a bit fed up.

I realized that it actually wasn't okay that Reed was telling everyone about our sexual activities. After Liam's suspension, I had slept with Reed again. I guess the ordeal made him jealous because when we got together that weekend, he was especially rough and possessive in bed. Him asking, "Whose bitch are you?" was a serious turn-off and I started to wonder why was I dating Reed. Was it simply because he had flirted with me? Was it because an opportunity I thought was impossible fell into my lap?  However, at the same time, his possessiveness made me feel special.

I invited Reed to my house while my mom was at my tía's, planning to talk to him about keeping our sex life between us, and also, don't call me a bitch again.

"You don't like that kind of thing?" Reed asked lowly against my lips, leaning over towards me on the bed. "It turns me on, though."

I wrinkled my nose. "Yeah, but... it turns me off?"

Reed kissed my neck as his fingers slid against my waist. "I don't mean it in a bad way," he explained, then pushed me down back on the mattress. "God, you turn me on," he groaned. I didn't want this. We hadn't solved anything, not to mention I hadn't even brought up the Don't Tell Your Friends All Our Business stuff.

"Wait, Reed." I tried to push him off. "We're not done talking."

"We're done," he told me, hand reaching for the buttons of my jeans.

"Wait, Reed―" His next kiss fogged my mind for a second as my arms that were trying to push him away went a little limp. Did I need to slap him to wake us both up?

I tried to slide from under Reed to escape, pushing his head back, when a knock sounded on my closed bedroom door, causing us both to freeze.

"Alex?" called a voice softly.

It was a male voice. Who? Other than Malcolm, whose voice was more nasal, and Reed who was right on top of me, I didn't know any other guys who would be knocking on my door. My cousins lived further away and only came on holidays. Plus, they all called me Ale-Alejandro just to piss me off.

"Alex?" the male said again and the door opened.

There I was lying on the bed, stomach exposed, Reed's body hovering over mine, my hand on top of Reed's head. Liam stood in my doorway, surely thinking he had walked in on the both of us about to have consensual sex. All three of us looked at each other with wide eyes.

After an awkward silence that was probably far shorter than it felt, Liam silently closed the door and retreated.

Liam? Why was Liam here?

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Reed demanded, lifting himself from me.

We hadn't spoken in over a year, he hadn't even approached me after getting suspended two weeks ago, but now he was showing up at my house? I had no clue why he was there, but I needed to find out. I stood up, adjusting my clothes, ready to go after him.

Reed caught my arm. "Where the hell are you going?"

"I need to find out why he came," I explained. We hadn't spoken in over a year, he hadn't even approached me after getting suspended two weeks ago, but now he was showing up at my house?

"Fuck that. Nah, if you go after him, we're through."

I gazed at Reed in disbelief then snatched my arm away and glared. Was he serious? He was going to break up with me over this? Maybe he was bluffing. "Fine," I said. "Goodbye, Reed."