23: Our Imperfections

Song: Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Artist: Coldplay

Our Imperfections

Since the meeting finished early, we decided to go back to the apartments. It looks like we might not be working with Mr. Philip, so I have asked Nick to call up the other investors that Gabriella and I considered.

She seemed annoyed the whole drive back. I attempted to talk to her after Dominique and Claire tried, but she flipped us off. It was quite amusing to watch her. At the same time, I felt sorry for her because all she ever wanted was to be taken seriously when it came to first impressions. It was hard because she finished school so early and received her degree. People her age are still studying.

When we got back to the apartments, Nick ordered me some food, and I quietly ate the delicious Malaysian dish while talking to Mason over face time. We were catching up on the things I was missing in DC.

"That Nikita chick stopped by your apartment yesterday." He said then turned to his television as he moved his thumbs. Mason sat on his sofa with his little brother, Dennis Taylor as they played video games.

"What did she want now?"

"She wanted to talk to you, but then I told her you're off with Gabriella." He said then pulled his tongue at Dennis. I'm assuming he won the round as Dennis raised his arms then stood up. "So, I asked if she wanted to leave a message, but she said I should leave it."

"Wonder what it was about?" I raised a brow. Dennis stepped in front of the screen as the corner of his mouth turned up.

"She's jealous." He sang. Mason yelled at his brother then kicked him. I let out a scowl as I watched Dennis flip his brother off then sat next to him.

"She's not jealous," Mason said then handed his brother the controller. "she just wants a shoulder to cry on."

"What about Alicia?" I asked then put my food aside.

"Yeah, what about Alicia?" Dennis piped up as he tilted his head at his brother. I laughed as Mason flicked his temple then turned to me.

"I don't know man, just call her up and see what she wants," Mason said then turned to the television.

I pursed my lips at the thought of Nikita Rolling at my apartment, completely unaware that I am in California. I wonder what she wanted to talk about and why she didn't want to talk about it with my sister.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard banging on my door. Mason and Dennis looked down at the screen as their eyes widened. I turned to the door and saw a shadow moving under it.

"I told you those Smiths were up to no good," Dennis exclaimed, but Mason covered his brother's mouth with his hand.

I got up and walked over to the door. As soon as I opened it I was pushed to the side as the door opened wider. Gabriella stormed in as she tugged on her hair. The heels of her shoes echoed against the tiles as her steps quickened.

"I see you haven't cooled down." I pointed out as I closed the door.

"Ugh, I still cannot believe those ratty old men had the fucking nerve to ignore me like that!" she exclaimed as I turned to her. Gabriella's hair stood up from the multiple times of it being picked, her shirt was wrinkled, and I noticed the belt from her jeans was missing.

"Hey, no cussing there are children here!" Mason called out. Gabriella looked over her shoulder and at my iPad where Mason and Dennis sat.

Gabriella crouched down to meet the eyes of the Taylor brothers. She squinted her eyes as her jaw tightened. I could tell she was annoyed and might take out her anger on them.