Chapter 10

Cecelia Clark~

Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away
Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

My grandmother blasted Earth Wind and Fire through the speakers down stairs when she started whipping up a hot plate for my Grandfather.
I had finally took an after school nap and was satisfied. It was a free day with no homework to do and I was lost. Except for the fact I had to tutor Donald at the approximate time.

No I'm not nervous to tutor him I just have a few questions. Did I give in because I have pity or because I actually want to help?

I'm no proffessional but I really hope he doesn't catch the white knight syndrome.
I've been seeing the way he steal glances at me. I'm no one special,at least not for him. If anything some one like Becky could make him feel good.

I'm just here to be a supportive friend. A shoulder that he could lean on.

I grabbed my keys and wallet along with my school book and sat on the chair by the front door.

"Grandma is grandad driving me? Or are you taking me?" She walked out the kitchen with her apron on giving me a confused look.

"I thought I told y'all I had to tutor someone today?" Now I know my grandparents are old but they aren't senile. They easily forget things and it's frustrating but I can't stay mad at them. Curse this patience that I have.

"At the school?" Nawl not at the school.
"No ma'am at Donald Degrates house."
She starting smiling really hard for some odd reason.
"Big Don or lil Don?" She asked.
"I don't know but can I get a ride?" I became impatient and a little irritated with all the questions.
"Now just wait a minute missy I've got to put your Grandad food on the stove so it can be heated up when comes back from the tire shop." I sighed and sat back in the chair as I looked at all the decor my grandmother put in our home. It wasn't just a house that you live in she made it a home.

I looked at all the family pictures stacked up on the shelf for display that was just above the television set.

As a little girl I never questioned them about pictures or who they Were I just knew. A picture came across my path and it was my mother Claire. She was estranged to me though I barely even knew who she was. My grandparents told me that she wasn't well enough to take care of me and from then on I just believed them

She came on holidays and called me on my birthday but that's it. She got pregnant with me when she was 14 and that's all I really know. I stare in awe at her beauty because I wish that It would have passed down to me.

 I stare in awe at her beauty because I wish that It would have passed down to me

It's like a forbidden fruit to even talk about her at home. But then again I understand.

As I waited I saw my grandma making her way to the door and I got up behind her.
"Come on now! We got to get you there on time and then get you back before the street lights hit."
I don't know why she is stressing I think it really depends how long the person takes to get a breakthrough on whatever they need help with. I don't rush that just as long as I get home to get enough rest for school in the morning.
*****
I was dropped off at the Degrate residence as I stood on their porch. The house was definitely familiar except it looked different when there was daylight. I came to this party a month ago and it wasn't the best experience for me let's just hope this is better.

I rung the doorbell standing on their welcome mat that read 'Jesus loves you '. Soon a lady with smooth caramel skin and hair in rollers and a night dress stood at the door she had light eyes as well.
"What can I do for you sweetie?" She smiles very sweetly and had the exact persona that a church lady should possess.
"Hi, I'm here to tutor Donald?" I said but in a questioning tone.

"Oh right. I forgot about that his teacher told me he had tutoring lessons, come on in." She opened the door wider and gave me access to come in. Their decor was very home like as well. A shelf full of family pictures and a black Jesus depicted on their wall.

"Junior! Your tutor is here." She yelled looking up the stairway. As I kept observing the house I heard loud thuds coming down the stairs.

"What's up?" I soon turned my head around because his attention grabbing deep voice. He may have seemed to be a loser but one thing he did have was that voice.

"Uhhh you ready to get started?" I asked scratching my neck harshly. He nodded his head looking deeply into my orbs.

His mother grabbed keys and her bag and started walking towards the door. "I'm late for bible study Junior. You make sure your brothers eat and make sure your guest eat as well... oh yeah don't be having no fast tail girls in your room." She demanded as she proceed to rush out the door taking rollers out her hair and rake combing it.

The door shut loudly when she departed. I was just standing looking around until Donald spoke up.
"So we gonna work in my room in a minute alright Cecelia?." He said quietly and in a playful tone as he tapped my shoulder. He was kind of different at his home versus at school. I guess because he felt more comfortable here which makes absolute sense. "Didn't you're mom say to not have girls in your room and anyways we should work in the living room." I protested.
"I actually work better in my room." He said and I felt defeated.
" and she said fast tail girls, are you fast?" He asked me smirking and chuckling. I just shook my head kind of finding what he said to be amusing.
" the room is upstairs to the left it's the first room next to the bathroom." He calmly said in his deep alluring voice pointing towards the direction.

I hope this tutoring section would turn out alright.

****
Authors note: hey y'all just a fill in chapter enjoy!