Chapter 23

I have no idea how the movie started. Or how it ended. Or what was in between. I remember us buying drinks and snacks for the movie and I remember finding our seats. I also remember Liam taking hold of my left hand and brushing his thumb back and forth on my skin. But everything else is blank.

It probably has to do with the fact that I fell asleep during the commercials. Then I slept peacefully during the rest of the movie and wake up in the middle of the ending scenes. I haven't watched anything and don't know the main character, but I'm guessing it's Bruce Willis since he's there and he looks a lot worse for wear.

"What did you think about the movie?" Liam asks.

We're walking to the bike, hand in hand yet again, and I can't stop or hide my blush. "To be honest I fell asleep before it even began." I admit.

He stops and looks at me with incredulous eyes. "Asleep? There were explosions and gunshots going off every few minute. How could you sleep through that?"

My blush deepens. "Hey it's the first day of my period, I have walked a lot and I have had a lot of excitement." to say the least "Cut me some slag."

Liam laughs out loud and it's a rare, pleasant sound that makes me smile. He leans down and kiss me softly. "Better get you home so you can relax, huh?"

"Aww isn't this cute?" the mocking voice of Ike makes me stiffen. "Got yourself a girlfriend there beasty boy? Never imagined the day would come. She must really be something between the sheets."

Liam has an arm around me, securing my front to his side. "You wouldn't know your way around the sheets without a map, Icky. Not with those low-grade whores you hire. You wouldn't know what to with a quality girl."

"Maybe I'll take her home after I've finished what those guys at Johnny's started. See if she can teach me a thing or two." I'm almost physically sick because of the way they're talking about me.

"It'll be a cold day in hell before any girl, much less Caia here, will prefer you to me."

"We'll just have to see about that wont we?" Ike wriggles his fingers invitingly, calling Liam to him.

Liam pushes me behind him. "Go wait by the bike Bambi, this won't take long." He doesn't even look to see if I obey, one second he's standing in front of me and the next he has rushed Ike and the fight is on.

The sound of flesh hitting flesh is sickening and for a moment I can only stand there as memories threaten to overtake me. Then I finally get control over my shaking body and I move. Not towards the bike as Liam told me but back towards the mall entrance where the security guards will be. My direction does not go unnoticed.

"Hep! Oh no you don't." A restraining hand grabs my arm and yank me none too gently into a chest.

I scream and fight against the gang member who has me captured.

"Bambi, chill."I'll give you chill, you son of a bitch!

"Here, hand her over." A new voice says.

"All yours man." And then I'm promptly handed over to a new set of arms. I raise tear stricken eyes to meet a set of kind, sympathetic green orbs.

"It'll be over soon." He says. He picks me up and carry me to Liam's bike. Once there all the fight has left me and I'm crying all over his shoulder, soaking his tee.

He puts me down but doesn't leave me. Instead he gathers me close to his warmth and offer me the comfort I desperately need right now. I wrap my arms around his waist and burry my face in his chest. In return he wraps his arms around me. Not my body but my head, effectively muffling the sounds of the ongoing fight.