twenty-six

(miya's p.o.v)

Carl and I had an amazing week together. Besides the funeral for Ash's mom, it was a pretty good week. Ash is starting to feel better and he says he might go home soon. It's Sunday night. Tomorrow we go back to school.

I just left Carl's and I'm already missing him. Everyday of this week, I feel like our relationship got stronger and closer.

When I got home, I walked up the stairs to my room where Ash was packing up his clothes.

"What're you doing," I asked him, dropping my bags on the floor.

"Oh, hey. I figured you wanted your room back. So, I thought I'd just sleep on the couch," he said.

"No, it's fine. You can keep the bed. I'm gonna sleep on the chairs over there," I told him.

"Miya, I don't think I could-"

"Ash, you're the guest. You take the bed," I said in a serious tone.

"Alright," he threw his hands up in defence. "Just thought it's the least I could do for you for all you've done for me."

"You don't have to do anything," I said. "But, you could tell me why and how you got into a fight with Jason and Chase." He stopped what he was doing and turned to look at me.

"I told you. It doesn't matter," he said.

"It does matter. You into a fight with Jason and Chase. I need to know why," I walked next to him and sat down on my bed. "So, tell me."

"Okay," he sighed and sat down next to me. "I was walking home from work and they saw me. They asked me where you and Carl were but I didn't answer them. Once they saw that I wasn't going to give them any answers, they started to beat me. I fought back, but two on one isn't exactly fair and it's not easy either."

"What did they want with me and Carl," I asked.

"I remember Jason saying something how he wanted you back and he would do anything to get you back. I don't know what Chase wanted though," he explained.

"I'm tired of this shit," I said, burying my head in my hands. "I'm confronting them tomorrow at school."

"I don't think that's a good idea," Ash said.

"I don't care. They can't keep doing this stupid shit," I spat. "I'm confronting them tomorrow, whether you like it or not."

•••

I woke up in the chair beside my bed when I felt my stomach turn. I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom. I knelt down in front of the toilet and let out everything I had left in me. I just sat there for awhile, with my head in my hands. It took me a minute to process what exactly was going on, and then I suddenly had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Not a sick feeling, a scary feeling.

No, I have to ignore that feeling. We used protection. Didn't we? Now I can't remember. I can't remember if he used a condom or not. Did he use one while we were in the shower? I can't remember.

"You okay," I heard Ash say, interrupting my thoughts. I quickly flushed the toilet and stood up to brush my teeth. "Did you just throw up?"

"Yeah, but I'm fine. Must've been all those chips I ate last night," I lied, but I hoped it wasn't a lie.

"You only had a handful," he chuckled. I just ignored him and continued to brush my teeth. Then, I let him use the bathroom and got ready in my room. I decided to wear a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and, as usual, they were both Carl's. I decided to have some breakfast this morning, since I still have a few minutes before I have to leave. I grabbed my phone and bookbag and headed downstairs.

"Good morning," I smiled at Kate as I made my way into the kitchen where she was making a bottle for Rosaline.

"Morning," she said tiredly.

"Where's Lip," I asked her.

"He's upstairs with the baby," she said. "I'm suprised your not still getting ready."

"Oh, yeah. Uh, not really feeling like it today," I said. "When, um, when did you know that you were pregnant?" She gave me a weird look.

"Morning sickness, why," she asked, slowly putting the bottle in the microwave.

"Uh, my, uh, friend thinks she's pregnant. She's been having morning sickness, too," I lied. Man, I hate lying to Kate.

"It isn't Debbie, is it," she asked with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, no. You haven't met her yet," I said.

"Oh, good," she pulled the bottle out of the microwave and made sure it wasn't too hot. "I'm gonna go take this to Rosaline. Have a good day at school, sis."

"I'll try," I forced a smile as she walked out of the kitchen. I suddenly lost my appetite after having that conversation with her and decided to just get my shoes on and leave for school early.

I left the house right after I got my shoes on and began to walk to school. Morning sickness? Is that what that was? I mean I did wake up, in the morning, and get sick. But, that doesn't mean I'm pregnant right? Fuck.

•••

I got to school as quick as I could. There weren't a lot of people here. But, there was one person I know I need to speak to; Jason. He was leaning against the locker next to mine scrolling on his phone. I wonder if he's waiting for me.

"Jason," I angrily said as I approached him.

"Oh, Miya, just the girl I wanted to see," he smiled, sliding his phone into his back pocket.

"What the fuck is wrong with you," I whispered yelled once I was close enough to him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he lied with a smug look on his face.

"You and Chase fucking jumped Ash. Why," I was fighting back the urge to start punching and hitting him the crazy.

"That was Chase's idea. I was just trying to find you," he said in a more serious tone.

"Why," I asked as I began to get even more angry by the second. He didn't answer, he just stared at me losing that smug look on his face. "Jason, why," I whisper yelled a little more impatiently this time.

"I miss you," he said sweetly. "I miss what we had. I wanted to find you so I could talk to you. I want you back, baby."

"How dare you. You broke up with me over a lie and then you beat Carl so bad he almost lost conciousness. If you really loved me, you wouldn't have been an asshole to me like that," I yelled in his face. "And you jumped my bestfriend. So, how fucking dare you try to come back into my life after everything you did."

"Look, I already apologized for all of that. Why can't you just give me a second chance," he yelled back.

"Because I don't forgive you, I don't trust you, and I don't love you! I love Carl, with all my heart and you need to learn to except that and leave us the fuck alone," I didn't think about it before I did it, but I pushed him back a few steps and then I did it again. And again. And again.

"Miya," I felt Carl's gentle arms wrap around my waist and pull me back and I saw Ash step in front of me. "What's wrong, baby," he turned me around to face him and I started to cry. I don't really know why I started crying, but I did and I couldn't stop.

"I told you that wasn't a good idea, Mi. Why'd you do that without us here with you," Ash asked me.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me," I said, wiping my tears away. "I don't know why I'm crying." I realized that Carl had let go of me and all I wanted was to be in his arms. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest.

"Don't apologize," he began to combing his fingers through my hair. "It's okay."

-

a/n: thoughts... questions... concerns...?