Chapter 13 {What?}

Kara's P.O.V
- "Mon-El, get up." I mumbled, shaking the alien.

He groaned in response, "We got to go."

He didn't move, I rolled my eyes, pulling the blanket away from his body and pushing him off the bed.

A loud thump was heard and then another groan, "Ow."

I smiled, "Let's go."

I made my bed, making Mon-El's as he was still waking up.

I opened the door, the mother, Jess, stood there.

"Oh! Sorry, I just, I have clothing for the both of you and there's a shower if you want to freshen up before you leave."

"Are you sure, we don't want to be a burden?"

She shook her head, placing the pile of towels and clothing into my hands. "No, no. Go ahead."

I smiled closing the door and saying a thank you.

"You can sleep for a little while longer, I'm taking a shower. And than you are."

He nodded, climbing back into the bed.

I walked into the bathroom that was connected, closing the door.

The large mirror sat in front of me, the girl looking back at me didn't seem to be me. My hair was tangled and had a few dread locks. My face was beyond dirty, my suit was no longer the original color it once was, it all seemed brown. My cape was gone, I had used it as a blanket a long time ago.

My skin was pale from the lack of sun, but also brown from the dirt, I had bags under my eyes and my lips were chapped and a very light pink. I peeled the suit from my skin slowly, taking off my clothing.

I turned on the water, making it cold, but slightly warm. The water was an unusual feeling, its hard to explain, but it was different. Something I hadn't felt in a long time.

I stepped in more, letting the prickles hit my whole body. I closed my eyes, I could almost feel the dirt roll away.

I moved my hair, letting the water soak it. I had to have used half the bottle of shampoo, I washed it multiple times and used a lot of conditioner to get out the knots. And even then, I'd have to brush out the rest. I washed my body multiple times as well. I must have been in the shower for a long time, because Mon-El had knocked, asking when it was his turn.

I turned off the shower, pulling the towel down and drying my body. I ruffled my hair with the towel, squeezing out the extra water.

I slipped on the clothing Jess gave me, it was a perfect fit. I grabbed the brush that was in here, brushing out the ends of my, way to long, mess of my head of hair.

Feeling a hell of a lot better, I walked out of the room, allowing Mon-El to enter.

A pair of socks and shoes were on the bed I slept on, they looked to be my size.

----------------

"Thank you. For everything." I shook Jess' and Aaron's hand.

"It really is no problem Kara, we hope to see you around." Jess said, opening the front door and letting us out.

"Good bye guys, bye Logan, bye Ashley." I nodded to the kids, who smiled and waved.

An uber pulled up, Jess had gotten it for us, driving us to the DEO building.

The credit card was linked, so it was already payed for.

I slipped out of the car, muttering a thank you to the man.

I grabbed Mon-Els wrist and pulled him into a nearby alleyway, boosting into the air without warning.

Hovering for a few seconds before landing on the balcony.

Everyone seemed to freeze as they saw me. I clenched my jaw at the sight. I mean, I wasn't expecting a welcome home sign, but at least an 'oh my god'.

No one spoke.

"Kara?" Finally, someone. I followed the voice.

"Winn." I choked out, my eyes filling with tears at the sight. He looked only a little bit different, a longer stubble on his chin.

A smile lit up on his face as he started running through everyone.

I let go of Mon-El, rushing down the stairs and meeting him in the middle. I jumped into his arms, which were slightly more muscular than before.

A tear fell down my cheek, my grip on him tightening.

"How are you here? Where the hell were you? Alex said that you left a note and skipped town-"

"A note?" I muttered, pulling away, now standing.

"Yeah, she showed everyone the note you left-"

"I didn't leave a note." I shook my head, "I-I was kidnapped, and Roulette had me. F-For a year I and then I was sent away to another place, Winn! I was tortured! What-what note are you talking about?" I rambled, stepping away and looking over everyone.

I finally had happened to turn all the way around to meet Mon-El's eyes, which were just as confused as mine.

"She showed everyone a note, you said that you wanted a normal life so you left and would never come back or something like that." Winn explained, barely above a whisper.

"Kara?" Another voice spoke, a very surprised tone in it.

I turned around, meeting Alex' eyes. "Alex?" Her hair was a lot shorter, it was right above her eyes and was one way across her forehead.

"What-What are you doing here?" She stumbled over her words, looking over everyone nervously.

"What note are they talking about?"

"The-The note you left, Y'know. That thing you-you wrote."

"I didn't write a damn note Alex." My eyes soon pooled with tears again.

"You left! Okay! I thought it would be better that way! So I wrote a note saying it was from you, so no one went looking!"

I stepped backwards, "Y-You what?" Of course I heard her, I wasn't deaf. But the thought made my mind spin and I thought that maybe there was a chance I heard her wrong.

"I made sure no one looked for you." She stated, not meeting anyone's eyes.

It went silent.

"It would be easier without this confused little girl around."

--------------------------

{NO HATE ON ALEX, THIS IS AN AU SO ITS NOT FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL STORY LINE}