Deleted Scene #5 - Car Ride

"Why do you stay behind when Hoseok leaves?"

You hoped Yoongi wouldn't pull his hand out of yours now that you had changed the subject. You secretly hoped he would keep holding your hand until you got to the festival.

He shrugged. "They don't always need a pianist where Hoseok goes. I'm more reserved for the high end lessons and parties."

"Like Jimin's birthday party?"

"You got it."

"Does that mean Hoseok makes more money than you?"

He threw his head to the side and started to pull back. "Now wait a second –"

When he tried to pull his hand out of yours, you held tighter. "Kidding! Don't get so mad!"

Even with his frustrated face, you couldn't help but laugh. He was mad, but it was the type of anger like when an old man puts his shoes on the wrong feet and blames the shoe company for making them look too similar. That kind of adorable angry.

"I make plenty, thank you." he said, his hand relaxing in yours. "I'm not sentenced to only work for Hoseok, you know."

"How long have you been playing piano?"

His lip curled up. "Not sure. Just always had one around. I didn't care about it a whole lot when I was younger, but then I went through some... rough times."

His eyes glazed over a little. You searched the lines of his face, hoping one of them would tell you the story of the apparent heartache on his face. What made him suffer? What would hold back the smug Yoongi you had grown fond of?

"Anyways," he said, "playing piano helped me get through it. Then I got a bunch of odd jobs playing piano for some fat cats, and eventually Hoseok hired me on as his official pianist. But enough about me. It's boring." He shook your hand a little. "Tell me about you."

"Me?"

"You. How's the princess gig?"

You leaned back against the seat, looking out the window. "I don't know. I still don't feel like any of this is real. I'm just waiting for my dad to call and say, 'Kidding!' But it doesn't look like that's going to happen."

"What would you be doing if you weren't a princess?"

"My degree is in business. I never really decided what I wanted to do with it, though. It was just a solid degree to find a decent job."

"You studied for four years, and never decided what you wanted to do?"

"I played with a few ideas," you said. "I worked in a coffee shop during college. I always thought about starting a café with a bookstore. Not exactly the most original idea, though."

Yoongi laughed. "True. There are plenty of chain stores with that theme. That's why you have to make it your own. Put your own spin on it. Think of it this way – coffee isn't an original idea, right? But not everyone is into the same cup of coffee. They all put their own flavor in it. That's what you gotta do. Put your own flavor in it. No matter what it is."

You smiled at his warm encouragement. "Thanks, Yoongi."

He nodded.

There was a long pause.

"Do you think... Do you think it would have been better if had never come to the castle to be a princess?"

You weren't sure why you asked. You just couldn't get the thought out of your head, and you needed someone else's opinion.

The car crawled to a stop at the light. Yoongi turned his body towards you and leaned in. You leaned back until your head was against the window.

"No," he said, smirking. "Then I never would have met you. And I'm definitely not okay with that thought."

He pulled back as the light turned green and drove as if he hadn't said anything at all.