Extra passage 2 | The Interview

* indicates the beginning of deleted passage

Deleted from the Chapter, "Can't Even Draw a Heart"

Sadie's POV:
"So you are fifteen, Sadie?" Melissa asks, after she makes an introduction and tells a bit about Shawn and I.

"Yes." I nod.

"You could pass by much older." She says, and I can't help but chuckle.

"I get that quite a lot."

"When I met her I thought she was what, eighteen?" Shawn adds, and I smile, remembering that day. How Bailey, Ella and I nearly choked when Shawn asked us if we were in a graduation trip.

"Well, you Shawn just made 18 like less than two weeks ago. May I ask if your age difference has been a problem?"

I exchange a look with Shawn and we both shake our heads, not remembering of anything.

"No, we never had that. Like, I feel like Sadie is very mature for her age, and I can be quite a kid, so I guess we cancel each other out." he says, smiling, and I laugh, realizing that this was quite true. Shawn may be eighteen, but he can act like a kid sometimes.

"Oh, that's cool." She says genuinely. "And your parents Sadie, did they find any problem?"

"Nope." I shake my head. "My parents love Shawn. More than they are supposed really... I actually got very surprised with my father's reaction when I brought a... male friend home for the first time." I answer. I had been truly surprised. I never knew what to expect from my father, as I never had been involved with a boy before Shawn. But still, I wasn't expecting him to be so chill. Well, he isn't home 80% of the time, so I guess this might have contributed on something.

"That's good. Then you are telling me that Shawn is your first boyfriend?"

I nod, grinning at Shawn, who has this glow of pride in his eyes as he smiles proudly back as if he just won an olympic medal. He suddenly pecks my cheek and makes me jump slightly, not expecting this. I feel my face heat up and Shawn laughs, probably because I am blushing. I roll my eyes at him as I feel my face heat up even more.

"You guys are so cute." Melissa chuckles, probably because of the little scene. "So I think we could start with the boyfriend/girlfriend tag, with me asking questions for both of you to reply together, and then I have the best friend tag which is to test how much you know about each other. Alright?"

"Bring it on!" Shawn says, and even though for a second I am suddenly aware of the recording camera in front of us, I calm down quickly, feeling the comforting pressure of Shawn's arm around me.

"So, the first question is:how, where and when did you first meet?"

"Well, that depends. When was the first time that we saw each other or when was the first time we talked?" Shawn asks.

*

"Is it different?"

"Yeah, a gap of about two weeks. I first saw Sadie when I was back in Madrid doing my soundcheck. Sadie was in the crowd, and she immediately captured my attention. I then played "I Don't Even Know My Name" for her, even though I wasn't supposed to. However I did not see her again during the concert, and I didn't see her again. But then two weeks later, I went to New York, where I was eating muffins in my hotel when I heard a loud thud, and saw a girl on the floor. I went to help her, and I finally got to know the name of the girl I sang to in Madrid."