twenty-eight

"What are you and Liam doing for Halloween?"  I asked leaning against the bookshelf.

Niall stopped putting the books in their rightful place to think about it. "I don't know, actually. With all that's been coming up, I didn't even think about it."

"But you're planning to do something with him right? Like, together?"

"I suppose, I have to keep up appearances, haven't I?" He replied going back to stocking the shelves.

"Do you think we could do a night in? Like the old times?"

"Sure, you'll bring the alcohol."

I bit my lip. "Actually, I was hoping we could do it without alcohol."

"Why's that?" He asked, turning his head towards me.

"Well... I might have a boyfriend?"

"You might?" He said, confused.

"Okay. I have a boyfriend, and I want you to meet him. So that we can do something together" I explained.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "And why should we not have alcohol?"

"He doesn't drink. I don't want things to be awkward" I explained fast.

"Hang on, I just realised what you said. Did you really just say you have a boyfriend?" He asked, putting all the books he was holding in his hands on the floor.

I stared at him not saying a word, and he smirked.

"I never thought I would've seen that day! I always thought you would've been alone forever, and that I would've had to marry you to take you out of your misery and make sure you wouldn't have gotten an insane amount of cats and spent the rest of your lifetime with them. What's his name?" He asked excitedly.

"Harry" I murmured, looking everywhere but at him. "Besides, you're already married. And thanks for that, really nice of you."

His eyes widened. "Harry as in the boy of the sugar? Of some months ago?"

I nodded. "Yes, that's him. Talking about tomorrow, make sure your house looks decent. We'll be there by 8pm. It's your job to provide us with food. And don't bring alcohol around."

"Not even some beers?" He asked.

"Not even beers. I really don't want it to be uncomfortable, in any way" I explained. "Now I have somewhere to be."

"With Harry?" He replied smirking.

I put the small white bag that I had been holding since I had walked in on the shelf. "Here's a cupcake for you, now leave me be."

"Can't wait to officially meet him. He seemed okay" he said, taking the bag and hiding it under his jumper.

"I seem to remember you found him really pretty" I brought up with the sole purpose of embarrassing him.

"Can we never mention to your boyfriend that I think he's hot? Thank you and bye" he said dismissing the conversation once and for all.

"Don't worry, it will be our little secret. I'll leave you to your work now, make sure the librarian won't know I sneaked in a cupcake, I don't fancy being banned from this place yet."

I walked out in the cold morning air and took out my phone. I debated calling Harry, but I decided to just text him instead, not wanting to bother him.

To Harry: we are going out tomorrow night

I sent it and put my phone back into the pocket of my coat. I slowly made my way to the restaurant, knowing that I had enough time. When I took the lift up, I checked my phone again. He had replied.