Meeting him

Katia's P.O.V

I woke up to an empty bed on the side of me. I furrowed my brows and looked around seeing as I was still in my room but Alexander wasn't. He must have left is all I thought before I got and went to take a long shower.

Since the beginning of the trip I'd been thinking about me and Alexander's relationship. He still hadn't accepted me as his mate and i wasn't even sure if he was ever going to. I was so frustrated that k stayed in the shower for over 20 minutes.

I quickly got out so that nobody thought I and fallen or something and went and changed into comfortable clothes. I thought to myself seeing as I could use some one to talk to. Less than a year ago the only person I needed to talk to was the moon goddess and even then I never had anything to complain for.

No one has ever been sure if fate actually exists but I believe he does. And he really has it out for me. But the best thing that he ever did for me was put me with the moon goddess away from all of this. I have always hated drama and tried to avoid it at all times.

Fate is something we learned little about at school but I had always been interested in the topic and had done more research on it and found a small amount of books in he library on the subject. In one I found a legend that said that the moon goddess and fate were mates and were joined forever. It never told the full story but it intrigued me, making me wonder if the moon goddess actually had a mate. And fate at that.

I suddenly heard something coming from a room next to me. It's one of the rooms I haven't been to yet and seems like a large storage closet or something. I stand still, trying to hear anode or something indicating that there is something or someone in there and I hear a small creak as if they did it on purpose.

I slowly walk closer to the door and opened it slowly, my muscles tightening in preparation just in case I need to fight. I open the door fully and see the moon goddess standing there. She waves at me with a small smile. I blink and run up to her, engulfing her in a tight hug. She hugs back just as tight and after a few seconds I step back.

"What are you doing here? I mean I'm glad your are but do you need to tel me something?" I questioned gently. She shook her head and smiled caringly at me as she let me to a very small couch on the side of the room.

"I wanted to see how you were doing here. You had such little time to adjust and I realized I had yet to ask how it was taking a toll on you." She said, sounding disappointed in herself. I grabbed her hand- that was much bigger than mine- and squeezed it, trying to reassure her that it wasn't her thought.

She smiled and squeezed back before taking her hand back and nudging lightly me with an interested look on her face. I sighed, "Well, life's been... Complicated. So many things come up and I'm so confused. Nothing between me and Alexander except the fact that he has taken me on one date- probably out if pity-" she looked ready to object and say something1 but I continued before she could,

"And he fact that he doesn't utterly despise me. I'm just so frustrated and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it. Worth perusing someone who has rejected me- more than three times in a row- and continue to brake my own heart trying to get him to love me." A sob broke through but I continued,

"I feel as though he's toying with me and that he doesn't want me. He's sticking around for nothing. In the end I feel like I'm just going to end up with a broke heart. And I don't want that." I finished, by now I was a sobbing mess on her as she rubbed my back soothingly and had a look of anger on her face.

I felt a little better knowing at least one person cared. Even if it was the person I considered my motherly figure.

*^*

Alexander's P.O.V

I'd gotten up this morning early and left Katia sleeping. I had gotten a terrible headache that was killing me two I got up to take some Advil. I had found some and taken it win water.

I decided that- since the headache hadn't gone away- I would go on a run. I had gone and that was what I was doing at the moment. I stopped for a moment to take a breath since i decided to run in human form since I didn't know how close we were to the humans here. I heard a rustling of leaves behind me and decided to make nothing of it since I was in the woods and there wasn't much that could kill you that made such a light sound on the floor.

It happened again but this time there was a gust of wind that passed in front of me. I saw a silhouette of something. Startled, I took a step back only to hit what felt like the chest of a man. Quickly I turner around, ready to attack but the man held his hand up. I looked into the most unique pair of eyes I had ever seen.

He held his hand out to shake, introducing himself,

He said,

"Fate."