Prologue

'It's five in the morning
And your children are somewhere on the corner'

East Harlem,New York
November 20th, 2017
Jordan Parish

Leaning against the cold brick building I had my black timbs kicked up against the wall, my hands stuffed in my carhartt pockets, a 40 on my hip just incase somebody wanted to jump stupid, and a black NY beanie on my head to keep my ears warm from the sharp november winds. New York winters were always horrific but this years might be the worse winter yet and it just started.

"What you need?" I ask the fiend in front of me.

He held up two shaky fingers, I kept my hands in my pocket grabbing two capsules ignoring the stinging sensation in my hand from being in the cold for hours. We slapped hands exchanging the crack for money, he sent me a nod before going on his way. Selling nick and dime bags of dope was easy but I wasn't profiting. I had to give king 25% of everything I was making, anybody that worked his corners did and he owned damn near every corner. I had enough money to go half on bills to keep the electricity, gas, and water running at the crib but that was it. Shit been tough for me, my twin brother, and my cousin since my grandma died 6 years ago, she took care of me and my brother for as long as I could remember. My mom was a fiend and my dad was in jail serving a life sentence, now at 23 all I got is my brother and my cousin and I desperately needed real money. I was tired of moving little dope and making kiddie money, I was ready to push big dope and make big money.

My phone vibrates repeatedly snatching me from my thoughts. Sliding my phone out my pocket I look at the caller i.d seeing my brother Akil was calling.

"Yo" I answer observing my surroundings.

"I'm bout to come scoop you, you still on 1st Ave?"

"You know I am, hurry up too it's mad brick out here yo, my hands been numb for hours"

"I got you, I'm pulling up right now" I hung up the phone as his raggedy ass Pontiac came into view.

Walking over to the car I noticed my cousin Ash was in the back seat. Ash was my aunt's daughter but when she turned 15 they kept clashing heads and my aunt kicked her out, ash came over to our grandmas and naturally our granny let her stay with us so she never went back. Getting in I closed the door behind me shaking up with akil and ash.

"So y'all just riding around in the heat while I'm freezing my balls off on the corner?" Literally, I was blessed with a good nine inches, it was a rare condition that appeared on my dad's side of the family.

"Nigga I been on the block for hours probably longer than you, so you ain't the only one that got icicles in yo nose" Ash spoke dismissively as we peeled from the store.

"She told you" Akil snickers.

"Nigga shut up, where we going anyways?"

"Kings foo" King was a dominican cat that came over to the United States with nothing in his pocket and a empty stomach. Somehow he ended up settling in the west Bronx working for some nigga that ran a small drug trade. Something happened and king got tired of being his right hand man so he killed dude off, he took over his small drug trade and turned it into a empire spreading across the whole state. He lived up to his name cause he owned new york it wasn't nothing that went on that he didn't know about, he practically owned the police force so he never seen the inside of a police station let alone a cell, and he wasn't just a kingpin he owned countless legit business all across the state. He was truly the king of new york and his legacy would live on, he had two heirs to the throne ryan and renaldo.