Ch 63: Deep Fried Oreos

Lola POV:

~~

Axel and Karma were arguing in whispers as I directed Taffytwirl into some creepy foggy abyss. 

There were faded flickers of lights in the distance and the closer we got the higher the little hairs on my arms stood. "Lava cake..what is this place?"

The deep grumble of his voice echoed against the walls, "a prison."

Karma snorted, "not just a prison. hells worst prison. Its a wonder Axel never got his ass locked up here."

Axel just growled a bit, "I never tried to overthrow leviathan. too much responsibility in being hells overlord."

My lips parted, in surprise, "what are we gonna do in a place full of people who tried to overthrow the devily devil?"

Karma sighed, "thats not all thats here lola, the top floors hold human souls, the worst of the worst, being tortured by their personal demons."

My brows furrowed, "personal demons?"

"Human sins grow personal demons through their life that appear if they are sent to hell. that demon then is responsible for their torture."

oh. ew. "okay...so thats the top level?"

"yeah. after that are the demons who disturbed the balance?"

"balance."

Axel snorted, "between heaven and hell, on the mortal plane."

Now I was confused, "..but dont demons want that?"

the two glanced at one another before Karma shook his head, "Hell was built to be leviathans prison. but all angels need a purpose even a fallen one. it was discovered that if we were to run out of mortal souls we would all cease to exist. mortals are our food. After figuring that out leviathan banished the attempted destruction of the mortal realm. it became his new purpose I think."

"so...then if they try to destroy the humans.."

"Leviathan locks them up here."

I see...

Axel cracked his knuckles, "and below that, the last levels are demons who tried to murder leviathan but ones he for one reason or another didn't just straight up kill."

"okay?" I blinked, "so why are we here?"

Axel ran his tongue over his pointed teeth, looking almost elated, "Well, what better way to bring the devil back to hell than to release the demons bent on killing all our mortal snacks and those who really really want to sit their nasty asses on his throne."

"Uhm Lava cake...isnt the burt cookie gonna get extra crispy if we break them out."

"Yeah. but we will fix that when we get to it."

"uh...what?"

The demon winked at me, then jumped off the dragon, "be back soon!"

I looked at Karma wide eyes, "Caramel, how dead are we."

He  shuddered a bit, "battered and fried. Deep fried."

"like deep fried oreos?"

he snorted, "I'm  more worried about my Twinkie."

I couldn't help my giggle.

~~

Karma and I were playing tic-tac-toe with bits of embroidery when the wall of the canyon literally exploded. 

"LOLA, KARMA LETS GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE."

We both looked around for Axel, confused.

I squealed when he landed on taffy twirl, huge leathery black wings on his back.

Karmas jaw dropped as I just stared, "dude. WHEN DID YOU GET THOSE?!"

I nodded vigorously very confused and a little sad. I liked wingless Lava cake better.

Axel rolled his eyes, "perks of my species. we eat enough human souls and preform the right ritual we then gain a property of the next thing we eat."

My nose crinkled, "like giant ugly bat wings that remind me of rotten watermelons?"

He scowled, "its temporary."

"Oh goody. I dont like them."

Karma was still gaping as I instructed Taffytwirl to fly far far away from here, not wanting to be around all the ugly that was pouring from the prison built into the canyon wall. "Are we all just going to ignore the fact that i have known Axel for hundreds of years and the whole stealing properties of other demons thing was never mentioned?!"

We both glanced at Karma, "yes."

"Seriously guys?! I liked you better when you were not talking."

Axel growled, "its not easy to consume that many human souls they aren't really just running around hell. and Its fucking weird becoming part of my food so it rarely comes up."

"right..okay. so, now what?"

Axel just smirked and lay back on the fluffy dragon, "Now we wait about three seconds for panic to begin and three more for leviathan to come back."

I giggled, "six seconds and the devil appears?"

"About that."

Humming I counted in my head.

Six.

five.

Four.

Three.

Two. 

One..

A boom echoed through the air, the sky turing from grey and red to pitch black. plunging us into night.

Karma sighed in the darkness, "we are so dead."

...I was starting to wonder if maybe we shouldn't have done this.

there was a yell in the distance, where the prison was a us a little ways behind us, "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING YOU CUNT NUGGETS?!"

Axel snorted, as the sky returned to red, the grey clouds swirling and wind whipping around us. "leave it to Leviathan to make his grand entrance with the phrase cunt nuggets."

Karms groaned, "dude hes pissed."

Axel growled again, "no really? I couldn't tell by the firestorm brewing and the lightning streaking across the sky."

"Makes you wonder though man, if an angel can do this...what is he gonna do to us when he finds out we were responsible?"

My demon cake just smiled, "I have a plan."

Karma sighed, "now I'm really worried."

I just stared at the sky, wondering what a firestorm is as taffytwril heading toward the devils palace.