NINE

*slowly comes back* *looks around* *grabs tea cup and dust it off* *pours some more tea*

*winks*

*sips tea nice and slow*

Oooo, this is going to be good ;)

Carry on. *winks*

~Aphrodite~

My heart broke when I saw Valdus getting strapped.

I know I have to make him fall for me, but this is my mate. My soulmate. The one that the moon goddess set me up with.

So, I don't know if it was my mind that told me to help him or was it the bond. Either way, I ran in the cell and pushed his father away. Valdus's howls of pain carried through out the cellars and it killed me.

His father, 'Alcander' was looking at the other side of the wall while his back was towards me but I heard him snarling at me. I looked back to Valdus and see his eyes are closed while his paws try to pry off the collar but his paws would burn and he would whine.

You can tell he tried to shift but the collar wouldn't let him. I went to grab the collar but I was pushed back. I fell on the ground and see Alcander looking at me with bright hazel eyes. His fangs and claws were out while he stared down at me.

"Leave." He said. It was low but it held a threat to it and I barely caught it since Valdus howls of pain was louder.

I growled at him and got up. "I can't believe you're doing this to your own son!" I growled. He growled at me and took a step forward. I did the same, because you can see his weak spots already.

His legs are weak, since they would wobble slightly each step he took to me, and his mate is the top weak spot.

Slowly I felt my claws descend and I took another step closer. "You don't know anything about me or my son. Leave." He growled.

"A father would never put silver on his own blood! He was telling the truth! Your mate-" I took another step forward till we were toe to toe. I looked up, "your mate is dead and there's nothing you can do." I growled, I saw his arm move and I knew a punch was coming so I ducked but I didn't think his leg will come up after, so his leg slammed right in my rib age, knocking me down. Knocking out my air.

I clawed the ground while I tried to breath in but I held my breath and started to count to ten.

So many years of being by yourself as a rogue you'll know little tricks to keep you alive. I rolled because I know his next move, and just in time, his foot slammed hard on the ground I was just at.

I let go of my breath and took two breaths in and slowly let them out. I got my breathing back and I quickly stood up.

He was staring at me with heavy breathing and then a sharp howl caused me to rub my ears. I took a glance at Valdus and see blood marks from his paws.

"If your mate was here, would she like for you to do this?!?" I snapped my head towards him and see him stop waking and stared at me.

Got him there.

So, I went on. "Did you promise your mate to be a perfect father or did you say I'm going to hurt him since both of us made him?!?" I growled. He gave a warning growl but I continued.