Chapter 33

[I know some of you all don't like Ao segments but ¯\_()_/¯

This has fluff stuff for the hell of it. Been feeling low lately so just wanted to write something nice this time. Hope you enjoy anyway...!

Song in the MM is You & I by Michael Bublé.]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 33

Ao's POV

Craig had another concert. This time, Kayla and Aaron attended the event, sitting with Xavier near the front of the audience. Between each piece that the orchestra played, it seemed like Kayla clapped the loudest out of anyone in the entire auditorium, and seeing her so proud was a wonderful sight to see. I was far from her, but I could see that she changed--her hair was shorter than I remembered, and more curlier because of it. Aaron had a new look too, having gotten glasses at some point, and had tanned a bit. It was great to see them together though. They still make a cute couple.

Craig was to do a solo and then a trio with the featured pianist and violinist. Just seeing him perform with the rest of the orchestra impressed me. He was such a strong player and never shied away from being emotive with his body. I heard he was pretty much on his way to being one of the most astounding players at Juilliard. In fact, the solo he's going to be playing today was completely his own work. There's no doubt in my mind that he could reach stardom with his talent. I couldn't be prouder.

In the shadows of the second floor balcony, I watched the concert and listened to every single sound, to the harmonies and purposeful dissonances that add flux to the pieces. I clutched the single rose wrapped in a bouquet wrapper in my hands, wondering if I can really bring up the courage to leave it for Craig. A part of me liked the idea of him catching me and being so overwhelmed that he just bursts into tears of joy, and I'd cry with him and congratulate him for all of his hard work all this time. But the rational part of me knew I can't let myself be seen; if he sees me, that'll only cause the both of us pain, and I'd feel incredibly guilty if I distracted him from his music career when he's going so strong. He deserves better, along with Xavier, Kayla, and Aaron. They all should live their lives, even if I'm not a part of them.

When Craig's solo came up, I was surprised to see him starting so high up on the fingerboard. You could easily mistake him for a violin at the pitch he's at. It sounded beautiful, melancholic, and...hopeful. But hopeful for what?

Then, I remembered the concert's program and reached into my jacket pocket for the pamphlet. I didn't feel like looking at it because I wanted to feel surprised this time, but my curiosity got the better of me and I looked at the title of his solo. I felt my heart swell up and my throat seemingly constricted on itself.

The violin impression on his cello, the bittersweet tone that tells a tale...

His solo was titled: Blue.

As tears welled up in my eyes, I listened to the rest of his solo, amazed with every note that echoed from the pristine stage. After he was done, the orchestra performed the other pieces, and no other song compared to Craig's solo. Nothing even came close.

The trio performance was about to come on and it was the finale to the concert. Although I didn't want to miss it, I knew now would be the only time for me to move...

Quietly, I slunk away from my seat and exited the auditorium to go to the second floor bathroom. Once I was inside and checked that the coast was clear, I teleported and appeared in a broom closet. Gently, I opened it from the inside and closed it, feeling bad for having unlocked it. I made sure my hood was up as I sauntered down the hall to get to the backstage area. No one was around to see or stop me when I got there, so it was easy getting in.