~3~

Leanna felt impossibly warm and comfortable the next morning, moving closer to the source of it.

A deep chuckle startled her and her eyes fluttered open, landing on Vincent's sleepy face. All at once, the events from last night came back and she realized it hasn't been a dream.

"Good morning," he smiled, his arm wrapping around her waist and pulling her close.

She yawned, digging her face into his warm and muscled chest, her head beneath his chin. His lips pressed against her forehead and he rolled onto his back, his arm pulling her with him.

"I have a few errands to run today so you are welcome to relax in the house until I get back," he explained, her wolf whining at the thought of being away from him.

"Can I come with you?" she asked, her voice thick with sleep as she stared up at him.

"I don't think you'd have much fun," he smiled.

"I'd just like to get to know you better," she blushed, her face getting warmer.

He cupped her face, "We'll have plenty of time when I get back. We can go downstairs for some breakfast for now or you can sleep some more." he kissed her cheek, rolling onto his side so his other arm could wrap around her.

He looked down at her, his eyes appearing a grayish gold in the morning light. He took in her hooded green eyes and the bags beneath her eyes. They swept over her small nose that was a little tilted at the tip and her plump lips and small chin.

He ran his hands against her dark hair, feeling the silky smoothness of it and her hand came up without her realizing it, entangling in his hair.

His wolf fought him already, urging him to mark and mate her. But they'd just found her. She was too innocent, she didn't completely understand.

Without thinking about it, he leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. Sparks ran though them, igniting across their skin and souls, their wolves howling at the sensation.

He deepened it slowly, taking his time so that it was memorable for them both.

After a few minutes he pulled away, their lips barely touching but sending the tingling sensation.

Leanna's eyes fluttered open and she felt the indescribable need to hold onto him. She suddenly felt cold inside, as if she'd taken a drink of ice water.

Vincent pulled her close, half of his body on her.

"Are you cold?" he touched her face gently, his eyes watching her.

Her wolf whined softly, feeling uneasy but safe in their mate's arms. "Yeah," Leanna answered, hugging him.

"Let's go downstairs, get something to eat," he whispered gently, kissing her head and standing up, stretching his body out.

Her eyes flickered toward his shirtless body and her wolf howled approvingly. An odd feeling stirred in her belly and her breath faltered, her cheeks flushed.

Am I supposed to feel like this?

Her wolf howled as if to say yes and she shivered again, missing his arms around her. He glanced at her, smiling widely when he saw her flushed cheeks and held his arm out to her.

"I just realized I don't have any other clothes for you and I'd really prefer not to have any unmated male looking at you like dinner."

His words made her eyes widen like a deer caught in headlights and she stammered,

"I-I don't think anything w-would stare."

At that he chuckled darkly, his eyes darkening around the edges, a sign his wolf was peeking out.