Chapter 32

"Her voice is enough to ensnare all my senses."

The Goa trip had come to an end, and they felt like they hadn't even seen half of the place

The Goa trip had come to an end, and they felt like they hadn't even seen half of the place. The last day was well spent shopping for everything and anything, especially from the Panjim market. And of course, there's no girl who doesn't love shopping.

Atharva promised to bring Aahana again which was enough to lift her mood. A happy smile was plastered on her face when they reached Delhi. Atharva's Aston Martin was already waiting for them but instead of going home, like Aahana thought, they were heading in some other direction.

Aahana asked him if they were visiting someone but he didn't utter a word. Being met with silence, Aahana shut up and looked out the window as she tried to figure out her surrounding.

The car suddenly came to a halt and Aahana felt her eyebrows crease in confusion.

"Aahana," He sounded breathless. Her stomach churned in anticipation."I- I want you to know me, every bone and fibre in me. After that, it's on you to decide whether to love me or leave me. Okay?"

She nodded shakily, not comprehending what he meant by that.

He sure wasn't going to say her everything, was he?

Oh god.

He opened his door and went to the other side to help her. Aahana stumbled on her foot as they walked a narrower path, and she clutched Atharva's arm tightly, afraid of what she'll come across.

Atharva did not tell her where they were going, but he was nervous as hell. His hands were trembling and his mouth felt very dry. He didn't know if he was doing the right thing. Last night was like a punch in his face and he couldn't not tell her. She was not only his wife but someone who had supported him everywhere without asking for anything in return.

So selfless and beautiful.

They stopped outside the white building and Atharva knew this was it. No turning back or running away.

He slowly turned to look at Aahana. Her face was kinda emotionless but her eyes, they gave it away. The confusion, the realization and above all...pain and anger.

Overwhelmed, he shut his eyes. "So uh, th- this is my Doc's Clinic." His eyes opened and she was still staring at him the same way. "He is a very good man. C-come on in."

They stepped inside and the door creaked when it closed.

Dr. Gupta looked up from the paper he was reading and a surprised expression marred his old features.

They did have an appointment, but he didn't think Atharva would come again. Hell, even Atharva had decided to never come, but here he was again, debt to the doc all his life.

"Well well, I am glad to see you Atharva," Dr. Gupta spoke and gestured to the chair opposite him. His eyes zeroed on Aahana who was looking around and then, finally at him.