² | n e f a r i o u s

(adj.) Wicked, villainous and sinful.

Zane looked at the elves under his charge

Zane looked at the elves under his charge. He did not know what games the people of Gwahan were playing, but they have been relentless at sending warriors - great warriors in Zane's view - to their domain. He could not fathom why the kingdom would waste such great men, but territory was territory and those men were best off to forget everything than to die. Valiant warriors sent by a king that might have gone mad did not deserve death, blood feud or no.

"Are you sure that she is the princess of Gwahan, Nuat?" Zane asked his captain.

Nuat bowed his head in response. "I am positive, your highness. It is Princess Raneem and her escort, the Captain-General of Gwahan. We must send them away as soon as we can."

Zane turned away from him to think. "Why do they come here? I cannot see why they would go to such lengths to take the Elixir from us. Do they not know its significance?"

"They are fools, my lord," Nuat answered, "We must make them know, that under no circumstance will we give up even a drop of it. They will never soil us again."

Zane turned to Nuat and regarded him. He knew his hatred. It was Nuat's sister that had been the victim of the human's insatiable lust. Yes, humans were nothing more than animals who are slaves to their own lusts. And the only reason they have extended clemency to the Royal Line was because of their own elfin lineage.

Humans are all the same, but perhaps, he should hear from the Princess herself.

"Capture the Princess and her escort," he finally decided. "Perhaps this time, it would be wise to know the state of our enemy. If they are planning anything, we better be ready."

"Yes, my lord." Nuat turned to the people under his command. "We move."

"And Nuat?" He waited for Nuat to face him before continuing. "Bring her to the Ollan. I want her alone. The escort, you can bring to the normal hold."

Zane wasted no time to see if Nuat would object and headed for a high vantage point where he could see the clearing where they camped. The princess moved about as if she knew what she was about, helping the middle-aged escort break camp. He always knew Gwahan's Royal Line to be spoiled and delicate, taking more after their human lineage than their elfin one. It caused him to be intrigued with her. He could not believe she was the princess. She was too spoiled to leave the safety of her luxurious chambers. Just like all the women of Gwahan.

The man stiffened and Zane smiled. He knew the man sensed the presence of his small force. From where he was, he could hear the princess declaring who she was and what they have come for. He could not help but sneer. Why should she think they have no knowledge at all of who she was and what they came for?

He saw his captain's mouth work, mouthing the words of the spell and he knew it was over. He got down from his vintage point as the princess screamed for her escort to run. It was over, and they did not even stand a chance. It would only be a matter of time before his debut with the princess.