[twenty] hale no

c h a p t e r   t w e n t yhale no

hale no

After texting Stiles that she was okay and that she would explain later, Harper called Derek. Yes, Derek Hale, creepy werewolf with even creepier issues. She needed his help, bad. Surprisingly, he picked up on her first time calling him.

"Derek, I need your help." Harper spoke urgently.

"What is it?" While his tone wasn't panicked, but he did sound slightly concerned.

"Okay, well, you know how you said that the Alpha wanted me in its pack? Well, yeah, it bit me on the night that we were trapped at the school and ever since really strange things have been happening and I don't know-"

"The Alpha bit you?" Derek repeated, this time sounding a little panicked. "What kind of things? How strange?"

Harper groaned. "Can we meet up somewhere? It's probably easier if I explain it to you in person."

"Meet me at Stiles' house." He replied.

He hung up before Harper had the chance to ask him why he was at her boyfriend's house. Harper bit her lip, putting her phone in the back pocket of her jeans. She had gone home quickly to put on some warmer clothes, so it wouldn't take long to get to Stiles' house by foot.

Her grandma stopped her before she could leave the house. "Where are you going?" Rose asked.

Harper forced an awkward smile. "Stiles' house."

"Ah, your boyfriend's house." She raised her eyebrows teasingly.

Ever since Rose had found out about Harper and Stiles dating, she hadn't stopped teasing her granddaughter about it. She was always saying things like 'I told you so' or 'I knew you would end up together when you were only eleven' and refering to Stiles as 'Harper's boyfriend' instead of just 'Stiles'.

"Yes, my boyfriend's house." Harper muttered under her breath, blushing heavily. "Can I go now? I'm having dinner with him." She lied.

Rose nodded. "I suppose." She began to cough. "Silly old cough. It's getting bad again."

Harper frowned. "Do you need me to book you another appointment with the doctors, grandma?" She asked sweetly, concerned.

Her grandma shook her head. "Made one myself. I'll see you when you get back then."

"Okay." Harper was hesitant as she placed a kiss on her grandma's forehead. "You'll be okay?"

"Yes, now go!" Rose chuckled, wheezing a little.

...

Harper rushed towards the Stilinski household just as Stiles pulled up in front of it. He watched her with furrowed eyebrows as she quickly tapped on his window. Stiles opened the door, climbing out.