Chapter 97: Road to Ace

"Er.... I don't think a certain 'dirty old pervert' of mine would be okay to this...." you sweatdropped at Whitebeard. In fact, you could actually hear Rayleigh's scream from miles away.

"Old man" said Luffy, earning the attention of said male. "I heard while on a Marine ship that...they will execute Ace immediately...."

"Oh really? Are you sure?"

"They said they would after getting 'all set' for something....but they were using codes so I couldn't understand. I know that you wanna rescue Ace, too, so I wanted to share that with you!"

"I see. That was important information. Thank you" spoke Whitebeard.

"No problem"

"HOW CAN HE TALK ON EQUAL TERMS WITH WHITEBEARD?!" yelled Buggy.

"Okay! Ace, I'm coming now!" shouted Luffy, throwing his arms in the air.

With a war cry, the young boy dashed forward and jumping in the heat of the moment. You blinked at his retreating form, releasing an heavy sigh. You followed your captain, who was already battling against Marines at the front. As you ran in direction of Ace, your first obstacle appeared in the shape of a dreadful, slow man.

"You're the guy from Sabaody!" said Luffy, narrowing his eyes at Admiral Kizaru.

"Yes, I was gonna ruin you there because the Celestial Dragons wanted it~....Straw Hat Luffy~" the man finished darkly, his leg shining brightly.

"Luffy! Step aside!" you ordered at the ebony male.

Suddenly, the both of you were pushed away from the aim of the admiral by Ivankov's wink. The beam shot from the limb exploded behind you, catching a few pirates at the same time.

"That was close! Thank you, Ivan-chan!" grinned Luffy at the purple haired male.

"MY ONLY MISSION IS TO SAVE YOU!" barked Ivankov, shaking his fist at your captain. Then, a new light appeared at the distance, a beeping sound coming out of it. "Kizaru again! Huh...? No, it's not! That's...KUMA!"

"He's the bear-like guy who blew us all away!" sweated the young boy, gazing at the Shichibukai.

Kuma fired lasers at Ivankov, who avoided all of them by spinning in the air. He landed a few feet away, narrowing his eyes at the Shichibukai.

"Hey, how could you...." started Ivankov, but was cut when Kuma decided to shot another beam and it passed through his hair, making a hole in it.