Lilian.

××
Robin

'I'm innocent, really!' I repeated to Batman once again as I led the others—including Lilian—down a much safer path out of the hideout.

Sadly, my mentor stayed silent, his heart probably aching from my betrayal. Yeah, right.

'Shadow only tells me things, nothing more.' I tried again.

'So what, you're her shrink?' Black Canary raised a brow at me and my steps paused.

'Yeah, something like that.' My only reply from him was a low growl. Can't he at least talk to me?

'I wouldn't be surprised if you guys were dating.' Barry snickered and I felt an ache in my chest, my gaze shifting to the wet floor beneath my feet.

'No, we aren't.' I mumbled quietly, my hand tightening around Lilian's hand as I pushed open a door to my right, a blast of cold air hitting me straight in the face as I did.

'You sound sad about it,' Oliver drawled, sending what he probably thought was a discreet wink at Dinah. The blonde heroine rolled her eyes, but I could still see the concern in them.

'I am sad about it,' I admitted, despite feeling Bruce's eyes on me. 'Things are complicated,'

'Complicated how?'

I didn't know who asked the question, but it made me look up at the sky. For some reason, I didn't feel like answering that question. 'You won't understand.'

We were on the roof now, so we could easily make our way to anywhere we wanted. I didn't know why they were questioning me about this now.

'Maybe we should ask Shadow,' Oliver laughed, and Lilian tensed. I wonder why she hadn't been talking lately, I admit that Bruce was a little hard when he sorta interrogated her, but something else seemed to be wrong.

'Shadow?' I frowned slightly. 'They found her?' Even if I wanted to mask the expectation in my voice, I wouldn't have been able to.

'Yeah,' Flash nodded. 'She's in bad shape though, might break your heart to see your little assassin princess all beat up.' he said, teasing me with the lightness of his voice as he chuckled. The girl bedside me paled and I glared at him.

He was at my side in the next moment, ruffling my hair. 'Calm down lover boy, it wasn't us this time, it was a guy at the docks.'

Canary turned to me. 'Does a man named Tiger ring any bells?'

I softly shook my head, my gaze falling on Lilian who tightly held onto my hand. 'I know him,' her lips moved to produced the almost soundless words. 'He's my father.'

-

😱⁉❔❓❓❓❓❓❓