War zone

I was hurt and betrayed. Both of these things came from my family, the people that gave life to me. Now I am condemned to live with a monster that would remind me constantly about betrayal and cruelty.

After staying in my room for a long time I decided to go to the kitchen and take my mind off my current situation, which would be the hardest thing to do.

Slowly I walk down the hall like a beast was going to appear out of nowhere. With every step I took I was more and more afraid. By the time I got halfway I thought that leaving my room was a bad decision.

After I took a turn I saw the old maid . She turned her head and smiled at me.

"Hello ma'am. Would you like something?"-she asks.

Her warm eyes were looking at me. It looked like she liked me, but she felt sad about me too.

"No I just wanted to get out of my room for a while."-I reply smiling. I liked her, she seemed nice.

"Of course. Follow me."-she says.

We get to the kitchen where I see some cupcakes.

I take a bite of them and recognize the feeling I got from it, a feeling that put me in  retrospective. That feeling started into remind me about my happy times in my family, the times when my father wasn't home and you .could even breathe air easier. My mom would usually make this cupcakes while me and my sisters would try to help, but end up making a mess in the kitchen.

I smile to myself, these small things were capable of making a big difference in someone's life. Sometimes small things give life a meaning.

"You have a very beautiful smile miss."-the woman says to me.

"Thank you. By the way I didn't get your name."-I tell her. I didn't knew anyone in this house so I think it would be good for me to know them a little bit.

"I am Elena."-she says.-"I have been working here for 27 years."

"That's a long time."-I say to her. With all this time I guess she is practically family.

"Yes it is, but I have enjoyed it. This family has been kind to me."-she says smiling at me.

I had my doubts about that, families like this have a hard time to be nice to others.. or maybe that was just my family.

"Thank you for the delicious cupcake."-I say to Elena and get out of the kitchen.

As I was getting back to my room the same feeling of fear and anxiety started get to me. I didn't knew why, but it was happening.

When I got to the door the feeling was stronger than ever. I open it and I see the monster standing right on the couch smoking a cigarette.

Now I understand those feelings I had coming here. I start to become anxious and more afraid to walk inside.

He doesn't seem to notice my presence as he was distracted and thoughtful.

"What are you doing here?"-I say to him. I was scared, but I wasn't going to tolerate him.

"Last time I checked this was still my room."-he simply says without even bothering to look at me. He was completely ignoring me.

"Well now it's my room, so get out."-I say to him and I guessed that made him mad.

He got up, threw the cigarette and looked at me :"No, now it's our room. Listen here babygirl. I am the boss here, I make the rules, I give the orders."-he says, his voice low and threatening.-"I own this area and I own this house. And to prove what I'm saying I'll do something right now."

After this he gets out of my room, only to come back with a few clothes.

"Dear wife, your husband is staying here."-he says leaving me shocked.

He was going to move here in this room? With me?

"What? But I'm staying here!"-I say raising my voice.

"Well now we will both stay here, after all we are husband and wife."-he says.

He disgusted me and I hated him with everything I had.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!"-I say, my anger starting to turn into range and sadness.

"As a matter of fact yes I can. I told you I give the orders around here. I own everything."-he says looking satisfied and triumphant.

"Not me."-I simply say, my voice above a whisper.

"Oh you too."-he says and leaves the room...