Chapter 44

I swear y'all suck the fucking life out of me. Here's another update because of the pleads.

lol y'all bitches hate Isabel so much now 😂😂

Aiden's P.O.V

I lean against the door letting out a shaky breath, closing my eyes tightly as I run my hand through my hair. I could hear Julian's sobs from here, each was like a small cut to my skin that was growing more painful with more. I wanted desperately to run inside and hug him, tell him I forgive him and go back to how we were but I couldn't, we couldn't. I force myself to walk away from the door and head back to the field where I was before he came running outside.

Imagine my surprise when I'm plucking weeds around the border of the property and find Julian passed out behind a bush. My instincts kicked in before my mind did and I brought him to the house and cleaned him up, he looked like just skin and bones with heavy bags under his puffy eyes. I couldn't do anything until he woke up so I had to wait, I sat by his side for a full day until he started to come to. It pained me honestly to see him like that and my plan to make him leave when he woke up went out the window, especially since he passed out after drinking some water.

I couldn't feel Alex - Max says nervously with a low whine, he has been mostly quiet since we left. I knew he was mad too but leaving wasn't what he wanted, but he understood why I did and didn't fight me on it.

Don't worry too much, I bet he's fine - I say trying to calm him, he fades before I can say anymore. I sigh as I pick up my axe and head back into the tree I was cutting down.

This place was my sanctuary, my version of heaven. The first time I completely lost it, I didn't know what to do and neither did my parents and after months of attacking people with only signs of me getting worse I ran away. I didn't want to burden my parents with my uncontrollable rage, a lovely side affect from what the rogues did to me. I somehow found my way straight back to the factory where my dad found me and killed all the rogues, it was a bloody mess which only harbored all my rage. It only intensified as the memories came crashing back, desperate to release all the pain and anger I threw the first punch at a broken pipe and that's all it took. I started breaking everything in my path, until it was only standing on it's foundations. The rage left me, well most of it, destroying the place that destroyed me was a cure of sorts. So I went back home and fought the rest of the voices and pain off and for the first time in months felt peace.
That's how it started, whenever something would push me back to my past I would come back and take my anger out here, that worked until there was nothing but rubble left. So I started building, I stayed secluded and worked through my issues before going back home.

This time was much worse since this time involved my mate, it never did before since I never had one, no matter how much I built the pain didn't fade and kept eating away at me. I felt a momentarily release when I found Julian, seeing him for the first time after so long immediately cleared the dark clouds that hovered above me. I knew he was the only way I'd get better this time but he was also the reason I was in this position, so it left me here cutting a fucking tree down.

Julian's cries continue to rush into my ears making my cut even harder, he was emitting waves of so much pain. I hated it. It hurt me incredibly to hear him crying, I hate when he cries, I rather him angry than sad. I feel my knees shaking slightly under me as he continues to wail, I hit again and again until the tree come crashing down. I turn my feet to go to him but stop halfway, he was feeling nothing compared to what I was. What am I saying, that doesn't matter.

This is so confusing!

I decide against my better judgement and shift and run away from the house. If I went back and comforted him nothing would change, so I ran, like a coward. Heading into the unfamiliar woods, I block Max's warnings along with my own and move forward, running further and further from Julian's cries until they're inaudible.