11: Adorable

"What do you think of my granddaughter?"

It's extremely rare to hear any sort of emotions from James Lind. Recruited by the man while he was still attending Harvard Business School, Victor Contra had work for James Lind for over 7 years. Ever since the 14 years old Calla appeared, asking for the 10 million dollar loan, Vic saw different emotions from his boss. The old man had been amused and curious in the beginning, but over time, he grew fond of the bright girl. 

Now there was a sense of pride in James Lind's tone as he regard Calla as "my granddaughter". The man never addresses any of his sons or grandchildren in such a warm manner. There was always that cold and detach feeling. Yet with Calla, the old man enjoys her company and ordered that she come more often. Vic had to wonder if the old man considered the young girl as one of the potential successors.

"She..." Vic wondered what the best word to describe Calla Lind is. "Adorable"

As soon as he said it, his whole face turned bright red. He didn't know why in the world he said that – especially about his boss granddaughter. Just as he was about to correct himself, James Lind laughed. Victor Contra, for the first time in his life, felt flustered with embarrassment. He quickly made a weak excuse to leave the office while James laughter continues to echo outside the door. It was a relief no one was around to witness the scene.