Chapter Twenty Eight

Nathaniel's POV

Today was the championship game against England and tomorrow we would be going back home. Savannah and I have decided that when the day after we get back is when we will tell my parents and Parker, I guess it's a good thing that Brayden and Austin already knew, it makes it easier. I slowly removed my arm from Savannah's waist careful not to wake her. I looked at the time, 8:43, the game was at three today so coach wanted us ready to go at 1:45 to give us time to practice. I jumped in the shower and changed into a pair of nike track shorts before slipping into bed and turning on the tv. Lots of the shows were in french so we don't watch it a lot but there are a couple channels in english mostly soap operas like the young and the restless. I flipped through the channels until I came upon a soccer game, sure the commentators were speaking french but I was more interested in the game anyway. Savannah started to stir beside me, still asleep she moved closer to me rested her head on my chest and tangled her legs with mine. Her hand layed on my chest and I placed mine over top of hers moving my other hand to her hair gently playing with it. Her eyes started flickering until they slowly opened.

"Mmm" she stretched "What time is it?"

I looked over at the clock "10:02"

"How long have you been up?"

I shrugged "Just over an hour"

She hit my arm "Hey! What was that for?"

"You should've woken me"

"You look so peaceful and innocent"

"Yeah well still" she grumbled

"You are actually complaining about not waking up early?"

"Maybe"

"I love you but you're a piece of work"

"I love you too" she made small smile "I'm gonna go get ready" she leaned up and pecked my lips and went to the bathroom forty five minutes later she comes out with a towel wrapped around her and her hair dry. She dropped the towel and slipped on a royal blue lace set making me gulp and squirm in my spot. She then put on nike yoga pants and a t shirt with our team logo on it that all the girlfriends got. When she was finished she climbed back onto the bed and into my lap

"I don't want to go home" she said quietly "I'm scared they'll kick me out when they find out about us. What if they tell us we have to break up?"

"Savannah they love you, they won't do that and they won't tell us to break up but if they do I don't care. I love you and I'm not letting you go that easily"

"Promise?"

"I promise" she seemed satisfied with my answer and leaned her head on my chest.

Before we knew it it's 1:25 and we have to get up to leave. My phone rang and I looked down to see Brayden's picture on the screen.

"Hey"

"Hey I was just calling to say good luck on the game"

"Thanks. How have you all been?"

"We're good and if you're hoping to catch them at a good time to break the news you've hit a jackpot"

I sighed in relief "Thank god" I heard him chuckle from the other end but then he went serious

"Jessie came around the other day"

"Please tell me you didn't do anything stupid Bray, Brooke is a nice girl"

"I didn't I promise, I don't want to screw up what I have with Brooke. Honestly I felt nothing when I saw her. It was like I was talking to a stranger"

"What did she want?"

"She said she wanted me back and that she made a mistake"

"It's been over a year!"

"That's what I said. Apparently she caught that guy she cheated on me with cheating on her"

"Karma's a bitch"

"She's a bitch"

I looked at the time "Hey Bray I'm sorry I gotta go but I'll call you after kay?"

"Okay, good luck and tell Savannah I said hi"

"Got it, bye" I hung up and grabbed my bag as Savannah got shoes on, I took her hand in mine and we headed towards the door "Brayden says hi"

She nodded "I heard you say something about karma's a bitch"

"Bray's ex stopped by the other day wanting him back"

"He's not though right?"

"God no Brooke has him whipped"

"Good" she smiled and we continued down to the bus

The whistle went to start the game and England came on strong, a lot stronger than what we had predicted. Finally I stole the ball and took off down the middle passing it to Connor on the left wing who shot the ball making it fly right above the goalies hands scoring. We all ran over jumping on him feeling better with the lead. By halftime it was tied 1-1. Come on guys step it up I want at least two more goals or you're all doing suicides when we get home. We all looked at him like he was crazy, most over still breathing heavily. The whistle went and we all made our way back on the field. With the fear of doing suicides we all stepped our game up alittle and I scored after the first ten minutes putting us back ahead. With two minutes left in the game we were still up 2-1 and Ashton scored. The girls all cheered on the sidelines and passed the ball around until the final whistle. The boys from the bench came running on the field along with the girls coming from the other side. We all cheered before shaking hands and getting the trophy and medals. Savannah rushed over to me and I picked her up in my arms smashing my lips to her.

"Congrats" she yelled over the rest of talking and cheering

"I love you so much" I said back and she blushed. I set her back down and we went over to Rachel and Ashton and the team headed back to the hotel. The four of us went back up to Savannah and my room where we opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate. I called the house to tell them the good news and my mom answered saying how happy she was for me and all the other basic motherly things like have I eaten enough and to have a safe flight home and things like that. I ended the call and we all cheered before drinking. This moment right here is one I'll never forget.