39: Lime Chateau

The following days, I stayed at Lime Chateau and explored the historical estate. The castle-like estate was surrounded by hundreds of acres of lime tree. Along the acres of land, there's small cottage houses set up for workers to harvest the lime. Although the production of Lime had been a tiny portion to the Lind Empire, James Lind treat it with the same serious attention as he would with any other business.

My favorite part of the chateau was the massive library where every walls are covered with books. My own library at my condo look like child-play compared to my grandfather's. Then again, I shouldn't compare my 4 years old library with the century old one.

"Miss Calla would you like some tea and biscuits?" George, the chateau main butler came into the library pushing a tray of tea and snacks.

"Yes" I sat up from the large sofa and smiled brightly. "George, what will I do when I have to go back to New Haven without you?"

The old man chuckled softly as he poured me tea.

"Thank you George"

"My pleasure Miss Calla"

Ever since I stayed at the charming chateau, I grew to love not only the house but the people in it. The people in the castle rarely receive guest so they were genuinely overjoyed when grandfather and I came. Every day, they spoil me with like this.

"Why aren't you getting ready for the Charity?"

The tea barely touched my lips when grandfather entered the library. I looked at George with the "uh oh" face.

"Is the charity today?" I fake innocent.

My grandfather stoic expression did not change – letting me know he was not amused.

"Get ready now"

When the old man left with the order, I knew I won't be able to escape. I wondered for a moment if it was too late to pretend sick. Then again, grandfather would push the wheel chair with me in it.

"Shall I call in the stylists?"

"Thank you George"

The old butler gave me a warm smile before he left me alone to enjoy the tea and biscuits a little longer.