Faith. (13)

Trust comes and goes but weakens with every time it's broken. It hurts the most when the person you thought would not even think to break it, does. As children, we seem to lack trust yet would trust anyone that had what we wanted. It's as though when the bright light begins to fade, so does our trust on the world and this sits exactly the same with growing up, seeing the world as a vibrant beautiful thing we live in but once we age and struggles begin to weigh us down, everything is black and white. Purity lasts for if trust does and we kill two birds with one stone easy.

His tired eyes were no longer present; the pain and anger was strong in those dark eyes and it scared me. My dull nails picked at the detreating flesh on the peak of my knuckles as I stood in anticipation. The room was dead silent making it impossible to ignore the strong grind of teeth, orbiting the cold misty air around us. Those dark eyes would not even spare a glance at the sound of the door behind me being pushed open and softly pressed closed. Nor did he let those eyes rest with a simple blink. Just focused on me.

The wet feeling of blood pressed against my index finger and the sudden sting of pain erupted through me and had me gasping out ever so slightly. Behind me, I could hear and feel the footsteps slowly, timidly, approaching me. Every single cell in my body quivered, screamed for relief, begged for me to turn around and- run.

"Hey." Hoseok softly whispered, finally reaching by me to the point where he came into view.

He stepped closer, body slightly hunched as his eyes darted from me to Yoongi, trying to piece together the problem standing before him. I looked over at him with pleading eyes, fear filled eyes, one's shimmering with forgiveness. His knitted eyebrows that indicated his confused state slowly relaxed as his eyes softened and a soft 'oh' passed his lips.

"What did you do Jimin?"

I parted my lips, intention to speak but words were no longer an option they were harsh daggers and I had to be very cautious on which I use. So, I let my jaw clasp up to meet the top of my teeth, a soft clank sounded the room as I lowered my gaze down onto the seeping blood from my hand. With those eyes staring at me, ones filled with worry and pure concern while the other pair pressed daggers deeper and deeper into my collapsing lungs.

"What-." Yoongi began, sinister voice bouncing off the walls, grabbing both Hoseok's and I's attention.

"-did he do?" The last words slid of his tongue before he grazed it across his top teeth.

I held my breath as I watched Hoseok move towards Yoongi, standing before him, blocking sights of our eyes to meet again. In this moment, I had no idea what to do or how to react. Words were hard for me to find and even if a simple saying would manage to lighten up the mood or explain myself, I couldn't bring myself to say it.

I didn't want to speak the wrong things, didn't want to break anything so fragile in him and of course I did not want to press any buttons, however. My mind closed up, went blank, had my eyes ghosting over in complete darkness. For a split second, I felt my whole body stop functioning, felt every single nerve come to a halt and once the reels in my life began to roll again, I whispered ever so softy-

"What's wrong with being in love?"

It was so scary in this moment, already fuelled with fear, my body was standing on the threads tearing through my skin trying to keep me up. The room was already filled with dark air, filling my lungs with every inhale and almost like breathing out shards of glass with every exhale. The voice I was used to hearing at a volume so low, the voice I would laugh at hearing in the morning, the same voice didn't simply tear through the air. This voice rattled my whole body, shook me to the core, flinching at the sound, feeling my heart drop at the volume and almost seeing every single drop of blood sink away from my body.