46: Liebig

By the time dinner was cleared, Emi and Keita Suzuki both left to the center of the ballroom where the Charity auctioning starts. Since the Suzuki's were well known to be music lovers, many of the items were rare music instruments or books. I had been impressed with several of the items put out for auction.

It was not a surprised when father had bid for the crystal piano by Heintzman. The piano was the first ever built crystal piano back in 2000.

"Sold! $750,000 to Mr. Michael Lind"

Everyone cheered and applause at the generous amount. The price had set a world record for the value of the crystal piano. And sure enough, I saw father and mother doting smile toward Rose. It was obvious that the piano was bought for the beautiful and talented Rose Lind. I hate to admitted it but deep inside, I was envious.

"Next up, the Stradivarius violin named Liebig"

Immediately, my eyes widened at the announcement. My attention went back to the center of the room where the beautiful instrument was displayed. Crafted by Antonio Stradivari back in 1700s, violin was once owned by Wolfgang Schneiderhan. My heart skipped at the sight of the rare treasure.

How in the world did the Suzuki get their hands on it?

Trying to calm my racing heart, I listened to the bid and was glad that there wasn't many people interested in the violin. I waited patiently until the bidding was down into 2 bidders before I made my move.

"2 million" I spoke out - ignoring the gasp as I focus on the prize.

The last bid had been $950,000. I wanted the violin so it's best to eliminate all rivals in one shot. I plastered on a stoic expression as no one counter bid.

"2.5 million"

My eyes went to the voice and saw Malik Shah looking at me with a playful smile. That jerk is taunting me.

"3 million"

My eyes went to Eli Frye who had sat at the same table as Rose. Like Malik, his eyes were on me. What the hell? I couldn't read the thoughts or emotions on his face.

"3.5 million"

There was no way I was going to lose the violin.

"4 million" Malik countered me.

"5 million" Eli countered Malik.

"10 million" The Arabic prince said with his usual carefree voice.

I was annoyed. I didn't know what they were trying to do and it bothered me to no end.

"20 million"

I ignored everyone wide eyes as I doubled the irritating prince's bid.

"21 million" Malik clearly playing with me.

"22 million" Eli Frye bid with his usual cold tone.

What is Eli Frye doing? The Arabic prince was already making it difficult for me. I didn't need another competitor.

"30 million"

Before I get to call out a bid the prince beat me to it. My eyes shot at him - not hiding my annoyance while he smiled at me.

"40 million"

"50 million"

Before I knew it, the 2 men were bidding each other. What did those 2 want with the violin? The prince was a pianist and Eli Frye could care less for music.

"150 million"

I turned to the voice right next to me. While James Lind voice was calm, there was an overwhelming strength and power to it. No one dared to breath. He had triple the bid with no hesitation what so ever.

"150 million going once, going twice. 150 million sold to Mr. James Lind"

It was only then that the crowd applaud loudly. Feeling disappointed that I didn't win the bid for that the violin, I let out a quiet sighed.