Chapter 27

The obnoxious sound my morning alarm blares right in my ear. I shot my hand out and slapped the button to shut it off and almost immediately, there's a terrible, irresistible itch on my arm. Especially around my wrist. With my other hand, I bring it up to my arm, not to scratch it but to feel it. And all I felt, were bumps. Big ones too. I spring out of my bed and head straight towards my bathroom.

Ignoring my red puffy eyes from crying last night, I took off my sweatshirt and examined my arm. My eyes widened at the sight. My arm is filled with red, puffy hives. But my wrist is the worst. And that's when I noticed it. The silver bracelet. The exact same one Daniel gave me yesterday. I must have forgotten to take it off after the rose bouquet incident.

After I got home yesterday, I had to tell Coach Jenifer I wasn't able to go practice. I was in no mood to do so. But I didn't tell her that. I just told her I wasn't feeling good and thankfully she believed me. After ending that call with her, I just remember dumping myself onto my bed and balled. I must have balled until I fell asleep because I don't remember doing anything after that.

The itch on my arm is so excruciating! I ripped the bracelet off and before throwing it into the trash, I took a more closer look at it. The bracelet is fake. The silver on the bracelet is fake. He did all this on purpose. He knew about my highly sensitive skin and used it towards his advantage. Telling my utmost important secret wasn't enough for him. He just had to not only give me rigged roses, but also give me fake jewelry. A mixture of rage and sadness is filled within me. 

Taking off my other clothes, I take a cold shower to try to calm the hives on my arm. It takes all the strength in me to not scratch. There's no words to explain how itchy they are.

Letting the cold water run down my arm felt relieving. The feeling didn't last long and the unbearable itch around my whole arm and wrist came back.

After finishing washing in the shower, I headed to my closet to change. Not wanting my parents to see my arm, I put on my black bralette and pink sweater over with black leggings.

As much as I want to get to Lilly's office, I can't get my parents more worried than they already are. They've noticed how introverted I've become these past couple of weeks. Or at least that's what I've over heard them talking about. Grabbing all of the things I need for school, I head down the stairs to where my parents are waiting for me to eat breakfast.

"Morning El" my parents say unison.

"Morning" I say offering a small tight smile.

With all the will power I'm trying not to scratch, my arm starts shaking. So, with my other hand, I grab my elbow pulling my arm with the hives closer to my body.

"You should eat, your food is going to get cold" my dad says.

I give him a stiff nod and started to eat with my "good" arm. Throughout breakfast, my parents kept giving each other worried looks but didn't didn't say anything. Something I'm glad they hadn't. I have to concentrate on not scratching.

My dad opens our spice and medicine cabinet giving me a perfect view of the Benadryl medicine that I need for my arm. Just looking at it makes my arm impossibly more itchy than it already is. Like they're taunting me that I can't reach it with my parents here.

"Ok well, we'll see you later El" my dad says kissing my head and my mother's.

I offer them a small smile and nod. They both leave into the garage and once they were out of sight, I shot off my seat to grab the Benadryl. I squeezed out some of the lotion onto the palm of my hand and rubbed it onto my wrist and then onto the rest of my arm. Rolling down my sleeve, and grabbing my things, I headed to my car and straight for school.