Chapter 16

Sitting in his living room, Jae Yeol played with his puppies. Smiling, he let them go over him as he pretended that he was utterly defenseless to let the puppies have more fun.

After playing for a few more minutes, he got tired before he laid on his back.

The puppies didn't seem to notice or care that their master was taking a break as they continued to surround him; either running or licking him.

During his break, his butler came into the room.

Holding a towel and wearing his typical brown suit, he announced, "Young master, your mail has arrived."

Jae Yeol immediately sat up at that, his tiredness leaving him.

It was time to see the results.

...

Jang Hyeon was practicing in the trainees' room when the CEO came in.

The results have been made.

Everyone stood up, anticipating the moment they hear the outcome of the audition.

The CEO stood before them before clearing his throat, "I will announce the contestants who passed. However, only the ones currently present will be said." Staring at the trainees, he continued, "That's right. People who aren't even trainees yet, did better than some of you."

Hearing that, they gulped, already fearing the outcome.

The scarred man announced:

"Trainees: Chi Hoon," a brown-haired male let out a relieved sigh, "Jiho," a male with black shoulder-length hair smiled, "Tae Jun," a black-haired male's ears perked up, "-and Jang Hyeon have passed the first round."

The ones who weren't mentioned nearly fell on their knees, devastated.

This was their last chance to debut.

Some of them were already nearing the expiration date of their contracts. A part of the group was starting to get too old to be a part of a rookie group. The rest wanted to debut as a group since they became trainees, but already started to lose hope in debuting when they heard the results.

Jang Hyeon couldn't stop his ecstatic smile from reaching his face.

His dream was finally starting to come true. Now, he was only a few steps away from his goal.

Watching the reactions of everybody else, his eyes stopped on Tae Jun.

Staring at him, he noticed the look on his face.

Disbelief.

Jang Hyeon didn't seem to notice what the expression meant as he was distracted from the overwhelming feelings he felt.

Going in front of his friend, he showed him his fist.

Tae Jun seemed to snap out of it as he stared at his fist.

Blinking, his eyes met with Jang Hyeon's.

Seeing his friend's smile, he couldn't help smiling back as he bumped fists with him.

"Congrats on making it in, Jang Hyeon."

Jang Hyeon's smile stayed, "Same to you, Tae Jun."

Satisfied with how the day went, he got his stuff; ready to leave the practice room. Jang Hyeon said his goodbyes to his friend before Tae Jun did the same.

Elated, Jang Hyeon failed to notice a black-haired male staring at him, impassive, while thinking:

He made it...