Chapter 40 - She's On The Hunt

Last Chapter peeps, and then the epilogue – so enjoy =)

Also, while you all wait for the final part, you should go check out Boner's wall, she has written some poetry about Saxon and Eva which cracked me up so bad, she's very good at it =) They can be found in her work titled 'some poems'.

You can either find her on my profile page under the name of @HalfxBloodxSkull or I will try and attach the link on the side.

ALSO this is 11 pages on word, so it should be a long one....so no complaining about the length lol

~ ~ Chapter Forty ~ ~

Falling to the side and landing on the ground as I got my breath back. Saxon’s dangerously tall figure loomed over top of me as I tried to offer him a smile, but my lungs were burning desperately for air again and it caused me too much pain - not to mention my back that had taken a wicked hit from something.

‘What the heck were you doing? You could have died! And what did Chris think he was doing jumping out a window with you! Are you both insanely stupid!’ Saxon’s voice roared through my mind as he growled above me, pacing back and forth a little bit to released some built up anger.

Groaning loudly as my lungs stopped burning as much, I rolled over onto my side and stared at the blades of grass brushing against my cheek, “Oh just shut up – can’t you see I’m injured here?” I snapped, not appreciating his one sided yelling match at all.

‘Man up Eva, if you can jump out a three storey building window, you can survive a few scratches,’ he snapped back, watching the area all around us which was surprisingly quiet.

“Are you serious right now?” I grunted as I pushed myself up onto my knees and then slowly rose to my feet, groaning and stretching my body out, “You’re meant to be concerned for my safety and well being, not holding a grudge about a jump I just did.”

‘Will you use the mind link, or do you want a horde of feral wolves hot on our butts right now?’ Saxon demanded and I pulled a face as I mimicked him silently.

‘Whatever,’ I grumbled as I looked back up at the building, thick smoke was wafting out the large hole in the side of the it and debris was scattered all over the grassed area on this side of the school.

Grinning to myself a little, 'I did a good job, huh?' I asked as I looked over at Saxon, who just shook his head and growled lowly at me.

Huffing loudly as I once again looked up at the damage I had caused, I had to say that I was pretty darn proud of myself right about now. I never did like this school and I'm fairly certain that this amount of damage would have it shut down for a good while.

Plus, I deserve a break from all the hard studying I have been doing recently.

'Get in wolf form already Eva, you can't run fast enough in human form,' Saxon grunted, still pacing back and forth as his guard stayed up and more than alert.

'Who said I'm running anywhere?' I asked with a roll of my eyes, but did as he said anyway. He had a valid point in one way - for starters, I can't fight a wolf as well as what I can when I'm in human form. 

I'm just going to have to figure out some other way to stay in contact with my brothers and Chris, they all knew my howl, my bark, my whine by now, so that would just have to do for the time being.