2.5 - Alison or Sapphire?

*Ian's POV*

I stood in front of the mirror and pulled my blazer closer to my body, brushing my fingers through my hair I looked at my reflection. I could hardly recognise who am I anymore. My eyes held no shine and my jaw started to pain from giving everyone fake smiles for past six years but I guess that's my life now. I sighed heavily and moved to shut my closet. As I was closing the door my eyes landed on the abandoned set of ties lying in the corner. Still, I refuse to wear a tie and Marie, being Marie keep it there knowing that I'll never them again. She keeps saying that one day I will wear them but I only want to wear them if Alison ties it around my neck and we all know that's impossible.

I closed the door of my closet and walked out of the room. I felt something, morelike someone, bumping into my leg. I knelt in front of a running Nathan and ruffled his hair. "Good morning, bud" I smiled at him.

"Good morning dadda" he kissed my cheek. Marie came in running with a glass of milk in her hand. She stopped in front of us. Keeping a hand on her hip she stopped to breath. "There you are little devil" she said breathlessly. Nathan squealed and ran away again. Marie groaned and ran behind him. I chuckled and shook my head in amusement but all my smile disappeared as Ashley walked in from the main door.

She was definitely coming back from a party and luckily Nathan was not here to see her like this. I watched as she went stumbling in her new room.

Nathan didn't like in New York anymore so we decided to shift here, in Chicago. Here he was happy compared to there and I always wondered why so.

My phone rang in my pocket. I removed it out and Mr.Brown's number flashed across my phone. "Mr.Brown" I greeted. For past six years we were nothing but business partners. That's not what I want but that's what Mr.Brown wants and I just want to keep him out of stress as much as possible. He already suffered two heart attacks. One more and we will loose one more member closer to us. We were still trying to cope from the previous one.

"I'll meet you at McKenzie's in 5" he said without any pleasantries.

"Yes sir" I replied and disconnected the call. I left the house and took the file of The McKenzie. Apparently someone named Caleb McKenzie wants us to buy some of his shares so he can expand his business. He seemed a pretty decent man but I don't accept someone's deal by their background. I just see in what way it can benefit me. Let's see what this Caleb McKenzie has to offer.

The car stopped and I got out at the exact moment when Mr.Brown's car pulled in. He got out of his car and nodded at me and I returned the nod.

We walked in where there was a old lady greeting us with a wide smile. Suddenly pitter patter sound echoed throughout the hotel. We all turned our heads and looked at the heavy rain pouring outside.

"This way sir" the old lady said and led us towards a big brown oak door. She stopped in front of it that had Caleb McKenzie engraved in golden cursive writing.

She knocked on the door and entered as someone said 'Come in'. We all entered to a bright room. I was under an impression that all the rooms of the CEO's of big companies are plain white or a combination of black and white but this guy proved me wrong. His walls were painted with red colours and some art with black paint on it. Some walls were left white but paintings were hung on the wall. It did look welcoming, something a CEO's room shouldn't.

A man dressed in white Armani suit stood up from behind the desk and came forward to shake our hands. "Welcome Mr.Cullen and Mr.Brown, I'm Caleb McKenzie" he greeted us with a grin. I raised a brow at his cheery behaviour but shook his hand nevertheless.

I sat on the chair opposite to him and Mr.Brown occupied the chair beside me. "We should start the presentation" Mr.Brown said and looked at his watch. Caleb's smile flattered a bit and her nodded.

Nervousness was clear in his features but as he progressed with the presentation he became more and more confident.

I was pleased by the presentation but it didn't have much to offer me so I decided to reject the offer. Caleb was busy arranging his files back when we heard the door being opened. Caleb looked up from his files and his features brightened instantly. We didn't bother to look behind because it was none of our business.

"Sapphire! I'm a bit busy" Caleb said in a apologetic tone. Everything was fine till then but what I heard next turned my world upside down.

"I'm so sorry. I'll wait outside" said a voice that I craved to hear from past six years. A voice I thought I'll never be able to hear again. A voice that makes my heart beat faster.

Mr.Brown and I turned our head towards the voice.

There she was! Healthy and as beautiful as ever, much more if you ask me. She was bit chubby and that all but made her much more beautiful.

I couldn't take my eyes off her, not when her brown eyes met mine. Everything around me stopped at that moment but that didn't last as Mr.Brown was on his feet

"Alison!" He cried in joy and the thing that made me almost smile was when she raised her hand to wipe Mr.Brown's tears. He hugged her the next instance but my smile flattered when I saw confusion in her eyes. It was like she doesn't know us. Her eyes were filled with confusion instead of recognisation. Then it struck me. Caleb called her Sapphire, not Alison.

"Excuse me but who is Alison?" She asked that confirmed my doubt.

Mr.Brown broke the hug and looked at her with a frown. I spoke before he could "His daughter. You look much like her. He lost her years ago" I said. She looked at me and stared at me for few moments. She was the one to break eye contact and smiled at Mr.Brown.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Though I'm not Alison I am still you daughter" she smiled at him.

Mr.Brown returned the smile and cupped her cheek. I so wanted to be the person to do that but not now. First I'll find out who she is. Alison or Sapphire?

But deep down I know, she's my Alison. I turned towards Caleb when she left. Well, it seems like this deal will benefit me alot then I expected.

*Caleb's POV*

I looked at the whole scene in confusion. I never researched deeply about Mr.Brown and Mr.Cullen so I it was a surprise to know about his lost daughter. Till now I was under the impression that he has only one daughter who is married to Mr.Cullen.

I smiled at Sapphire as she said Mr.Brown to call her his daughter. She is such a selfless lady. That's the one quality in her that attracts me. Yes, I do. Very much. Everything about Sapphire attracts me. The way she laughs, the way she worries about Raine and Ryker, the way she looks at them with so much love and affection it really makes me smile for no reason.

I always go to her apartment to spend my day because when she smiles at me welcoming me in her house and feeding me with all the new sweet dishes she make and not to forget playing with the two cutest kids in the world. They are my home.

"I'll see you soon" she said to me and I nodded with a smile. Sapphire left the room and Mr.Brown sat back on his chair while wiping his tears with his handkerchief.

"I'm sorry for the disturbance" I apologised.

Mr.Cullen shook his head in reply "Don't worry. Who was she?" He asked casually.

"Sapphire, my friend" I answered. It felt weird to call her my friend but that's what she wants and I'm totally fine with it. He nodded and asked "When did you meet her?"

I frowned at his interest in her but answered his question "Six years ago" I didn't bother to go into much details and he didn't asked too.

Mr.Cullen and Mr.Brown and stood up from their seats and I did the same.

"Congratulations Mr.McKenzie. We accept the deal. I look forward for doing with you" Mr.Cullen said and shook my hand firmly. Something told me that he wasn't talking about the business.

"Thankyou" I replied and watched asthey straightened up their suits and walked out of the door.

****