And So it Begins

This is not a story of monsters and men; not any more. It's just a story of people living their normal lives...

A world where no grimm exist. Just typical normal life!

General POV

The sun was slowly setting on the horizon, its rays were like orange wings spread out across the sky, leaving a trail then followed by the night's cold blanket of stars shimmering through the night. It's such a beautiful evening twilight however, a certain little girl could not appreciate its beauty currently.

On the playground, three boys surrounded the little multi-color haired girl. She was still a kid, around 5 or 6 years old. Her pink and brown hair was streaked by white and her eyes were brown on the left and light pink on the right.

"Look at her!" the biggest of the boys said, pointing towards the little crying girl "What a freak!"

"Did mommy throw paint over your head?! Ahahaha!" they laughed out loud some more, tormenting the girl.

"Even her eyes are weird!" the last of them said "Must've been a mistake when you were born!"

"Yeah, you're just an accident!"

"C'mon! Call your mommy and daddy for help!"

"Oh wait... YOU'RE AN ORPHAN! NOT EVEN YOUR PARENTS WANT YOU!"

As the boys continued on laughing, the girl snapped and attacked the biggest of the three. She lunged at him but her small size only made her bounce back against him. The other two held her back while the big boy stood against her "You wanna get hurt!?"

The girl thrashed around, trying to get away from the grip of the other two bullies. The boy tried to hit her right on her face but her thrashing caused him to miss his target and hitting her right on the throat. The girl dropped and was let go of the boys. She coughed and coughed but the boys didn't care. They ganged up on her, began beating her to the ground. The bullies went on until...

"Hey! That's enough!" Out of nowhere, a boy having (h/c) colored hair came. His (f/c) shirt was dirty from playing. The boy threw a small pebble at them, hitting one of the bullies at the back "You better run now!"

The bully trio turned around, angered by the new presence of the boy. "We're not scared of you! You're the one who should run!"

The boy then threw a small ball of sticky substance at the three, hitting them right on their chest "Oh yeah, well I bet you're scared of insects!" he then took out three small boxes from his pockets and opened them. They were larger than a matchbox but small enough to be kept in the pockets. When the boy opened them, three large beetles spread their wings with a light buzz.

"B-B-Beetles!"

"Go get em'!" the beetles smelled the sweet sticky substance on the shirts of the bullies and immediately pursues this delicacy.

"RUN!" and just like that, with large beetles on their backs, the bullies went away.

"Idiots... they could just take off their shirts... my beetles would've just went for those..." the boy said as he ran towards the beaten up girl. "Are you okay?" the boy said, looking at the girl.

The girl trembled, shaking and crying despite the bullies disappearing. She sniffed and wiped away her tears but they just kept on coming. She tried to speak but her throat was too shaky and she was simply too scared to even talk right now. She felt like if she did, she'll only get laughed at.

"There-there now..." the boy hugged her close "Mom always does this to me when I'm crying..." he gently stroked her hair, fixing it. Slowly, the girl began to calm down and her tears slowly dried up and altogether stopped. When the boy noticed this, he asked "So umm... what's your name?"

The girl looked at him in the eyes, as though she was studying him. Her mouth was slightly agape but again, she did not speak. She knelt on the soft ground and pressed her finger against it. As the sunset marked the beginning of the night, she wrote her name for the boy to see.

"Oh! I'm (y/n) (l/n)" he greeted after reading her name "It's nice to meet you, Neo..."

Then the boy smiled brightly at her and for the first time Neo, without being force to do so, smiled back at him