Chapter Twenty Nine

Double Update!

Aaron walked into his office and sat down. He rubbed his eyes and leaned back in the chair. He had so much to deal right now. Olivia’s murder came as a blow for him, completely took him off guard.

He picked up his phone and dialed a number.

“Hey man. I am sorry. I heard about Olivia.” Jeremy said as soon as he answered the phone.

“Yeah. Thanks man. I need you to come over as soon as possible.”

“I have both the files ready. You want me to bring them in?”

“Don’t bring Olivia’s”

“Alright. Be there as soon as I can”

“Okay” Aaron said and hung up.

He looked at Elaine’s picture on his desk. He dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

“Hey” Her soft voice carried over the line and Aaron closed his eyes.

“Hey yourself”

“How you doing?”

“I have been better.”

“I miss you”

“I miss you too. You have no idea.” Aaron said. He yearned for her touch.

“Got a clearer picture of what is happening?”

“No. Just the general. The investigations are still going on but leave all that. How are you?”

“Been better”

Aaron smiled at her response.

“I promise I will make it all up to you love. I just want all of this behind us. This and the trial as well.”

“I know. I love you”

“I love you too beautiful”

There was a knock on his door.

“I have to go. I will call you later. Take care sweetheart”

“You too. Bye” Elaine said and hung up.

“Come in” Aaron said. “Thank you for coming” Aaron shook hands with Jeremy.

“Don’t mention it dude. Here” Jeremy slid a file across the desk. “Everything on Franco Costello.”

“Thanks.”

“What next?”

“I want you to look into Olivia’s murder.”

“Hey, look you asked me not bring the file but I have to tell you this, she was squeaky clean. Not a trace of any illegal activity or wrong indulgence. There is no way she was murdered because of what she did in her past because there was no such thing.”

“So we don’t look from that point. I trust you. Find it out”

“The police are looking. Is there