thirty

I got out of the house at lunchtime, after having eaten nothing. I had nobody to take me home, since Niall had gone to the library and Liam was busy, but I didn't mind. I was close to my building anyway, walking wouldn't have been too bad.

I took my phone out of the pocket of my coat, and called Harry. His phone rang a few times, but went to voicemail right after. Too fast for it to be normal. He hadn't accepted the call, I just knew it. Why was he acting like that? The situation was just becoming more and more ridiculous as time went by.

I walked into my building pushing the door open and letting it close loudly behind me, and went up the stairs. I glanced at his door, almost considering knocking on it, but I didn't get close. I unlocked my door and plopped down on the couch, putting my phone somewhere next to me. I sighed as it fell in the crack between two cushions, and stood up to take off my coat and and my shoes. As I moved to walk to my room, it started ringing. I made my way back to the couch embarrassingly fast and fished it out of the hole where it had fallen. I felt a wave of disappointment wash over me as I read Niall's name on the screen.

"Yeah?" I said accepting the call.

"How's it going?" He asked on the other hand.

If he had been there with me, I would've glared at him. "How do you possibly think it's going? He won't even pick up the phone!"

"There's not much I can do if you don't tell me what happened."

"I've already told you, it's private. I can't go around saying private stuff regarding him" I explained pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You're too good to him."

"Don't say that. We were both at fault. I shouldn't have pushed him like that. I'd tell him I'm sorry, but I don't want to be the one taking the first step, kinda" I replied, and I heard him sigh.

"Then wait for him, I guess" he said, "By the way, your boy came around today. Just thought I should let you know."

"What?"

"Harry. He was at the library today."

"What did he do?"

"I guess he bought a book? Or he just had a look. I don't know, I hid in the back room" he explained.

"Why... Why did you hide in the back room?"

"Didn't want to make stuff embarrassing, you know. The usual."

I frowned. "Do you happen to do it often?"

"Yeah, the other day Zayn came in as well."

"Was he searching for a book as well?" I asked.

"No, he was trying to find me. I've been ignoring him for three days, so..." he explained, "I just want to try to limit the damage as much as possible."

I bit my lip. "I guess you and Liam are trying again?"

"I'm so lucky that he decided to take me back, of course... But we've already talked about it Grace."

"Oh yeah, sure" I replied, realising that Liam had told him nothing about his... second relationship? If it was still going, that is.

"Are we sure we're talking about the same thing?" He asked.

"Of course" I said, knowing that, even though Niall meant a lot to me, it wasn't my place to reveal him the truth. I could just hope that Liam would've told him soon.

"Are you working tonight?"

"Not really. I decided to take a day off, or something like that." To take a day off to talk to Harry. Or to be in my house in case he would've decided to come around. Thinking about, it was almost pathetic.