chapter 31

After a painfully repetitive week of college it was finally Friday. I was really excited for the day to be over because Cole and I were going to a party and I couldn't wait! The hour was up, signalling the end of my last class so I messily packed up my things and headed straight to the dorm.

As I pushed the door open I was greeted very unexpectedly. "Happy Anniversary!!" Cole yelled, holding a simple chocolate cake with a lit candle in the shape of a 2 in the centre. I laughed at his overly happy exclamation "anniversary of what?"

"2 months since you moved in of course." Cole smiled at me, setting the cake on the table. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck "I can't believe you actually remember that."

"Why wouldn't I?" he asked rhetorically, leaning in to kiss my cheek; not before I could turn my head and catch his lips on mine. He smiled widely at my gesture and squeezed me in a quick hug before ushering me over to the cake sitting on the table.

Cole sliced through the spongey texture of the cake and slid the piece onto a plate. "I have no idea if this'll be any good but I followed the recipe exactly" Cole smirked proudly and handed me to plate with a fork. I cut a small piece of cake with the side of my fork, ensuring I gathered plenty of icing while Cole turned and cut himself a piece.

"Wow this is really good" I said with a slight moan, hopefully not sounding too indulgent. Cole quickly turned towards me with excitement plastered on his face "really?" I laughed at his surprised expression and nodded.

After another slice of cake I stood from the table, deciding to get ready for the party. "Can I come?" Cole looked up and pouted at me. "I'll just be in my room Cole, I'm sure you'll be fine." I responded, chuckling slightly.

"Ugh I'm bored though" He responded with a sigh. Not being able to resist his pleads, I gave in and gestured him to follow me.

It took me a little while longer to do my make up, incorporating a brown smokey eye and contour and highlight. Cole didn't seem to mind me taking my time, he just sat quietly and watched me with observant eyes. After curling my hair and sweeping the top third back so it would flow nicely down my back, I stood and went to my closet to decide what to wear.

It was slightly cold and the party wasn't too fancy so I settled on white jeans, a tight, black off-shoulder top and a burgundy jacket and I told Cole to get dressed while I did.

When I walked out of my room, checking I had everything in my bag I was startled by Cole. "Oh my god can we have one time that you don't look amazing when we go out?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him "what's wrong with looking nice."

Cole shrugged "I'm not intimidating enough to scare off all the guys that stare at you." I laughed at his statement, "I'm sure there isn't that many and besides they won't be coming up to me if I'm with you anyway." I smiled at him and kissed him to reassure him and he seemed to relax so I took his hand and we headed out the door.

When the taxi pulled up to the apartment where the party was and I could already tell there were going to be complaints. Cole pulled me into the building "come on we better get in there before it gets shut down."

We arrived on the top floor and the music became more clear, the floor was already filled with people getting drunk and dancing. Cole and I went straight to the kitchen to pour ourselves a drink, I stuck with a vodka mixer and Cole filled his cup from the beer keg on the table.

Cole's p.o.v

Y/n and I have been at the party for a few hours now, mostly talking to friends and drinking. She had just won a game of beer pong against some douchebag guy and she was doing a victory dance looking completely crazy. "Told you I would win!" she shouted at the loser who looked very embarrassed.

I was as drunk as she was but she was more excitable and giddy, causing her to attempt to pull me to the dance floor. "No no no I don't think so" I laughed but still serious, there is no way I was going to embarrass myself. "Aw come on Cole! I wanna dance" She pouted back at me not accepting my rejection. But as I shook my head she rolled her eyes with a smile and proceeded to the dance floor alone. 

It was actually quite amusing to watch her having fun while elbowing all the guys that approached her. Despite her being completely cute and sexy at the same time, her glare managed to look intimidating enough to ward them off. It was rather relieving leaning against the wall not having to worry about y/n's loyalty. 

After a few terribly remixed songs she made her way over to me, grabbing my arm and continuing walk to what I assumed was the kitchen. "Don't you think you've had enough?" I smirked down at her as she relied on my arm to keep her steady. Y/n only laughed in response, probably assuming I was joking, but nevertheless obliged. 

She turned to kissed me and the familiar happy feeling erupted in my chest again. Y/n stood on her toes and leant into my ear "you wanna get out of here?" Without hesitation I nodded and took her hand, heading straight out the door.

We didn't even make it home before y/n was planting kisses along my jaw as my hand began inching higher up her thigh as we sat impatiently in the back of the taxi cab. As soon as the we pulled up to the curb she threw some cash at the driver and hurriedly pulled me inside. 

---

oh man i'm starting to really not like this is just want it to be over so i can continue my other book cause i'm loving it ugh 

times are tough pals sorry i'm keep making you wait for so long :(