Chapter 22: Imperial Edict

As the night becomes day, Mingxia Jie is unable to feel comfortable around Kangxi wangye. What were you expecting? Mingxia Jie focused on her riding and continued to learn to be able to handle the basics and be able to control her horse. As they began to pack up their camp, Mingxia Jie looked back to where they were together and her cheeks heat up. Mingxia Jie was never the shy type, so her acting this way baffled her as much as Bai. [Which is impressive on its own] Mingxia Jie looked up and glared at the sky because she felt it was too unfair that of all people it had to be her.

She stomped off to clean up most of the camp while the men dropped down the tents and packed them away. As everything was ready they got onto their horses and started to ride away. Both Kangxi wanye and Mingxia Jie knew that they had gotten invited, though they did not know when they would arrive. So both heeded Bai's words and trotted off. The sounds of the forest made the journey peaceful and relaxing, although they were a bit deep into the forest, it was not extremely difficult to find a way out. Soon enough the sun was overhead, and the humidity of the forest tired out the horses. 

They stopped and gave water while as well grabbing and eating some of the food rations. Kangxi Di Guo and Mingxia Jie were standing the farthest apart while Zhang Cong felt awkward in the middle. Mingxia Jie turned around and checked her horse, before turning on her heel and walking into the forest to look around.

The scenery was stunning, with multiple different types of plants that had a high hanging canopy. Filled with greenery and life at every turn calmed her senses. As she looked around she recalled that areas like so would help with cultivation and began to take in nature's qi. She had died from a lack of power, and as such had as well began to cultivate to become stronger. 

Soon enough, the evening passed by and both men were wondering where Mingxia Jie was. She later emerged with slightly dirty clothing and a thin layer of sweat laid on her forehead. As the group decided they would rest that night, they set up a fire and slept on leaves that Zhang Cong had found. 

The next morning the group had woken up and was changing when Mingxia Jie had changed faster than the other two before jumping on her horse and riding away. During her time cultivating she had accidentally connected to the trees network, having found something that intrigued her. There was a hole in the network and she wanted to know what belonged to that hole. The men quickly followed behind her as she had sped off faster, they had quickly put on pants but not a shirt or had the time to tie back their hair. Having their hair flow behind them like a black river, made both men seem godlike.

Both had been riding at full speed to reach upon a stream, as they looked Mingxia Jie had left her horse at the stream. They had finished getting dressed before tracking down Mingxia Jie's footprints. As they approached closer, the sound of a waterfall could be heard. The closer they got, they started to find a few items that belonged to her. Such as her waist belt and pants, they looked at each other before raising an eyebrow. As they found the waterfall they saw the figure of someone emerge from the water, the figure had long silky black hair and the clothing stuck to her figure.

When the figure turned around, it was, in fact, Mingxia Jie. When the men saw her, they felt embarrassed. Mingxia Jie walked out and grabbed the clothing she had dropped and thanked Kangxi wangye. She went and put them beside her shoes before jumping back into the lake under the waterfall. She had been curious, but upon finding it made her day. She had been sweaty and sticky from last night, and the cool relaxing water got rid of all the humidity. The men walked back towards the horses and grabbed them. When they turned around they were met with the Imperial Guards. 

-"Are you Kangxi wangye, and Primister Cong?"

-"We are."

-"And where is Kangxi wangfei?"

-"We are off to go fetch her right now?"

The Imperial Guards were confused by the response before closing following both men. They walked behind them before arriving in front of the lake. As they looked around, they couldn't seem to find Kangxi wangfei. A guard noticed the figure of a woman, who had climbed the waterfall. He pointed up and everyone looked up, both Kangxi wangye and Zhang Cong's face paled. They hadn't expected this woman to be so extreme, first, she wanted to ride a horse, now she's jumping off waterfalls. Mingxia Jie ran and jumped off the cliff, laughing as she fell. Her hair fluttered as she fell, and she made a giant splash in the water.

When she resurfaced, she looked to see both the Imperial Guards and both men staring at her wide-eyed. From where all the men were standing, saw a beautiful maiden who had her hair completely loose and floated around her like a lily pad. Just looking at her made them embarrassed, and when she stood up and walked towards them as her clothing clung to her skin showing off her form, made them even more embarrassed. Kangxi Di Guo got mad at yelled at the guards:

-"Turn around, NOW!"

The Imperial Guards immediately did so and did not look back. Mingxia Jie was slightly confused as she looked at the Imperial Guards. Kangxi Di Guo walked up and handed her a change of clothes and let her change, her hair was still wet so Kangxi Di Guo dried her hair before pulling it back with a red ribbon.  He allowed for the guards to turn back and let them read out the imperial edict. They both looked at each other before sighing and being led away by the guards.