Of Dreams and Nightmares

Hermione snuggled more into Cedric's chest as she watched a kneazle pad across the Black Lake, walking over it like as if it was not even water. It looked at them and their abandoned picnic. Hermione's eyes could not look away from the creature as she remembered a saying that her grandmother had always told her. If a mysterious cat like creature appeared in your dreams, it was time to wake up because they were an omen. Good or bad, that depended on the creature. Hermione relaxed a little though as the kneazle stopped in the middle and began to scratch itself, not looking unlike Crookshanks. Hermione could feel a small vibration behind her as Cedric said her name softly.

Cedric was trying as gently as he could to move Hermione from her upright sleeping position, to one more horizontal. She might be young, but even a night spent sleeping up right was going to be painful in the morning. He has tried his best and so now her back was pressed against his chest so that she didn't fall over. He could feel her stir a little before a very low and sleepy voice said his name.

"Cedric?"

He looked down as Hermione began to half wake. "Yes, love?"

"I've missed you," She said still in a half sleeping state.

"I've missed you too."

"Mhmm, don't forget you promised-" She yawned.

"I promised?" He prompted, forgetting all about the small whispered conversation he'd been having with Harry while he was trying to move Hermione to a more comfortable position.

"Yes," She yawned. "Picnic, Black Lake." She finished.

"I did, didn't I?" Cedric grinned, not helping himself because his girlfriend was just too gosh darn cute sometimes. And it seemed that any time that they spent too far apart, she just got cuter.

"Where, aren't we?" Hermione began to wake, remembering where she was. "Cedric!" She nearly yelped, then covered her mouth with her hand. "What are you doing in the Gryffindor common room?" She whispered harshly.

"Because I wanted to see you," Cedric grinned.

"But how?"

At last Harry awkwardly coughed, having been completely forgotten. He'd been debating with himself for the past several minutes to speak to Cedric aside, but Cedric seemed to have quite the tunnel vision when it came to Hermione Granger. "I brought him,"

"Harry!"

"Yes, but it seems that you guys are now occupied so I'm just going to head to bed. Um I'll see you both tomorrow. G'night." He finished before high tailing it to the boys dorm.

The couple watched him basically flee before turning to look at each other.

"You should,"

"I should," the both began to say at the same time.

"...make time for him tomorrow." They finished simultaneously, looking at each other astonished.

"It's been a long day," Cedric admitted as he sat down fully on the couch with Hermione. He swung her legs up so that she was lounging with him.

"I would ask you what's been going on but I barely feel functional."

Cedric frowned as he saw that Hermione did not look like she'd been eating or sleeping as of late.

As if she could read his mind, Hermione laid her once again sleepy head against Cedric's chest, almost feeling like as if she was dreaming again. "It's not all your fault."

"But partially,"

"Well, yes," Hermione snuggled against him.

"I'm sorry Meems," Cedric whispered as he kissed the side of her temple.