The beginning

I didn't edit this chapter due to being busy today so if there are mistakes let me know!
**********

18 Years Ago

Thaddeus POV

The three of us- Myself, Nathaniel and Mary- sat at a large table in one of the noble's meeting rooms. They had long gone and we quite enjoyed occupying the small castle in their wake.

"It would be so nice to be a noble again." Mary cooed lightly. She fiddled with a set of silver plates that sat at the center of the large wooden surface.

"I think I'd like to be a lord... wooing young damsels with my charms. I may even avoid compulsion all together and get a nice thrill." Nathaniel chuckled.

"Yeah, and my ass will sit in a throne." I laughed sarcastically.

"Wouldn't be hard, just murder a family and become the successor from a distant bloodline." He smirked as his eyes nearly glowed.

"Tempting indeed..." I mused.

"Back to business before you spoil the fun, Thaddeus. I found them." Nathaniel smiled wide. His silver eyes pierced mine with excitement.

"Are you sure? You weren't sighted?" Mary asked nervously. She had always been so afraid of the hunters. Nathaniel had made it his mission to find the whereabouts of the last family line. He'd searched for decades all over Europe and in parts of Africa, always coming up short. They blended in perfectly with humans and it made them nearly impossible to find.

"I didn't find them, per se... I found a vampire, and I followed him until I watched a hunter kill him. It was only one man that I saw. From there I followed him... distantly." He narrowed his eyes. "I can't believe they were this close. The line has been here in England for centuries, and they've been living here in their perfect fucking world." He hissed. He slammed his fist down on the table. Mary held a cup of scalding tea in her hands and watched as her flesh burned repeatedly and slowly healed itself.

"And?" I asked him.

"And it's a small family. I could watch them for a few days and see if they lead me to more. But I believe they're working alone. It'll be an easy kill." He grinned. It should be easy. Nathaniel and Mary had been killing hunters for centuries. They knew and taught me how to look for traps. How to watch for war songs. They were the oldest vampires I knew other than Aldred... I didn't even know their true age.

"Are we done after this?" I asked him.

"These are the last ones. After this... we move on. We live." Mary's voice chimed in. She smiled at me softly. Nathaniel nodded in agreement. 

I stood from my chair and walked towards a doorway that led to winding staircase heading downward. I turned to watch Nathaniel and Mary eye each other.

"Then we move at dusk." Nathaniel said.

"Is it far?" I asked. Nathaniel shook his head with a smile.

"Not far at all, they're in Cambridge."

"After all this time." I said quietly. They had been under our nose this entire time. Killing this family wasn't my priority. Aldred's killers had long since been destroyed centuries ago. I merely agreed to help out of loyalty to Nathaniel and Mary.