Chapter | 18

A/N: If you're not mature please don't read this book - thanks.

I could tell the slap took him by surprise. It made his head snap to the side.  It took me by surprise too, it was like instinct.

For some reason, I didn't feel guilty.

I peeled the gum off my nose after the initial shock. He hadn't met my eyes yet, but he wasn't cradling his face in pain either. He just stared blankly at the wall as his cheek turned pink.

"Tate." I said.

He didn't move until I took his chin in my hand. Our eyes met, and it was like he saw right through me.

I leaned in, aware vaguely of the gum in my other hand. Our lips brushed again, and I realized I was craving more of him.

Even if he was crazy.

I wanted him to respond. I wanted to see some life in his dull eyes.

I pressed my mouth against his, almost unsure at first. Then his lips slowly started to move against mine.

I reached behind him, sticking the gum to the wall because I didn't really know where else to put it in that moment. Then I grabbed his hand and lifted it to my waist - hoping he'd take the hint.

He did.

And Tate came alive like I did during sex. Maybe because a little affection is all it takes.

He pulled me closer and I deepened the kiss by softly nibbling his lower lip.

We kissed until an idea came to mind. I pulled away slightly to kiss his neck. His breathing was heavy as I began to suck.

When I made my way back to his lips, I was smirking. There was dark hickey on his pale skin.

We'll see how Helena likes that.

I couldn't help but feel satisfied as I gently pressed my hands against his chest to pull away and admire it.

I met his dazed gaze and turned away to grab his jacket from my bed. I handed it to him and he hesitantly took it.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow."