kisses pack a punch.

Unedited.

Every second that passed felt like an eternity. I could hear the shower running. Leon had known that I had heard him and Adele argue and I was terrified of what he was gonna do to me after he got out of the shower.

No man in the mafia tolerated a nosy wife. A wife was only an object for them. And objects did not question shit nor did they eavesdrop but me being the little shit I am had to listen in on their conversation.

The A.C was on full blast but sweat still shone on my forehead.
My stomach felt full and I wanted to hurl my guts out but I stayed still in the same position that Leon had left me in.

Was he going to hit me?

If he wanted to...

Wouldn't he have hit me already?

The wait was a torture in itself.

Was this his plan?

Making me wait?

Well if it was then it was a great one cause it was definitely working.

If it were my father punishing me he would have beaten the shit out of me already.

The sound of the bathroom door opening jolts me out of my thoughts.

When did the shower stop? I wonder.

Leon walks out with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

This scene felt familiar.

It was like deja vu.

I try to control my heartbeat by talking deep breaths but it doesn't work.

Leon looks predatory as he walks towards me.

I gulp.

This feels like a good time to run but I stay put.

His eyes look scary as the distance between us closes.

But suddenly someone knocks on the door and I breath a sigh of relief.

Leon looks at the door and then towards me.

And I look at the floor immediately.

He goes to the door and opens it while glaring at the person behind the door.

I cannot see who it is.

"What the fuck is it now?" Leon asks ever so politely.

"Capo, there has been some development in the incident" the person answers and I recognize his gentle voice.

Alessandro, my husband's left hand man and Kara's fiancee.

He was one of the good guys. The silent and the considering kind.

If I had a say in who I had to be arrange married to it would definitely be him.

But I am happy Kara is going to be the one marrying him.
She deserves happiness.

"Cazzo" Leon curses in Italian.

I try to listen to what they are saying but they are whispering to each other.

So I cannot make out what they are saying.

After a minute of discussion Leon closes the door and enters the dressing room ignoring my existence completely.

He emerges out of the dressing room fully dressed in a designer suit which surely costs more than it should.

His eyes dart immediately towards the bed and pin on me.