Chapter XXI

"Woah, woah, woah," I say as I try to stop him from dragging me out of the school. "Okay, thank you for that but I'm not going to ditch classes as a payment for saving my ass back there," I said and Cayden rolls his eyes at me.

"And you thought that I was going to drag you outside with me because?" He says as if he's telling me to finish his sentence for him with the way he looks at me.

I looked at him and gave him a questioning look, "Wait, you weren't--". Cayden cocks his eyebrows at me and gave me a look to finish what I was saying and I suddenly felt a heat rose up from my neck and reached my cheek.

I'm assuming. I looked away from him. No, maybe he was about to leave the school with me. I looked at him again and gave him a weird look. No, I'm just assuming stuff. "Look, thank you but I'm heading back to class now," I said.

"Oh and tell your little fangirls to stop!" I added as I turned around and started walking back towards my class but I was suddenly being spun around. Cayden gets a grip on my shoulders and leaned his face towards mine.

"Did they do something to you?!" His voice raised, sounding a bit mad and alarmed. I gave him a questioning look, followed by a light chuckle. "What the fuck are you chuckling for? You think it's funny?"

I look at him and shake my head, "No, sir," I suddenly said in a serious tone. "But for real, though. It's nothing, just some little threats here and there, no biggie," I say.

"Threats?" He questions. "Do you remember any of their faces?" He asked again.

"Uh, no. This is a huge school and I don't pay much attention to people," I say. Even though you caught my attention. "Anyway, I'm heading to class," I said as I left.

I made it to Spanish class with a minute to spare before the bell rings for tardy. I got lucky but I wasn't really when I got my results back from our pop quiz earlier, the odds were against me. I can't believe Spanish class would be this hard.

"You got a D? I thought you like Spanish," Amelia says as we headed towards my locker to return my notebook. "Damn, do you need a tutor? I'm up for it."

I rolled my eyes, "I do like Spanish class but I guess I just have a lot going through in my mind right now," I said and Amelia looks at me, trying to figure something out by reading my face. She then pinches my cheek as I slap it away.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I rub my left cheek, "That kinda hurt," I added.

"Did something happen earlier?" Amelia asks as I close my locker and Amelia follows me towards the library. It's a good thing that I have spare time. "I heard Katie and her mini mean girls' squad attacked you earlier."

I stopped walking and looked at her, "How did you know?" I asked. "I mean, she didn't attack me physically--yeah, she did," I suddenly remember the way her hand felt on my cheek after she slapped me earlier.

"What did she do to you?!" Amelia asks aggressively as she starts shaking my shoulders. "Should I set her on fire or something? Your call, my doing."

"No," I smacked her shoulder, "She just slapped me earlier because she told me to stay away from Cayden. She did tell me a bunch of times to stay away from her but it's not my fault that everywhere I go I cross paths with the greek God himself," I say as I rolled my eyes.

"And you called him greek God," Amelia says.

"That doesn't mean anything!" I defended.

"I just said you called him greek God, jeez, talk about being so defensive," Amelia says as she chuckles and I can't help but roll my eyes at her. "Let's just go inside the library so that your mind will finally be present."